iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need some feedback on the Kubota ZD221 Zero Turn???

Started by wewacountryboy, March 19, 2011, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wewacountryboy

Spring has come again here in Florida and my grass is already knee high. I went to fire up my old Snapper and found that the rearend is in need of replacing. I have put off buying a new one for several years, but have decided to start looking. I called my local Kubota dealer and asked what they had. They advised that they had a new 2010 Kubota ZD221 with a 23hp diesel and 54" cut. Does anyone own one of these mowers or can give me any feedback on these units. Thanks!
Jonathan Hanson

Jasperfield

I have a ZD326P 36hp diesel with a 60" mower. It's about three years old and I haven't had any problems with it. (I did, however, remove the rubber discharge chute guard).

I burn No. 2 off-road fuel in it and keep it well maintained. Customarily I'll mow about four acres of dense orchard grass about every 12-14 days when it's about 10" high. I'll cut it down to five inches. It will easily cut this grass at knee height, but I have to slow down some.

I like the Kubota because the blade height can be raised to 5.5", and the front of the mower will not raise up when traveling up steep slopes.

I'll start it and mow for about five minutes at 75% throttle and then go to full throttle and mow for hours on end.

Fuel consumption is good and it can be used almost like a bush hog. It is truely a zero turn machine, but I rarely ever make a zero turn, even when mowing around trees.

It has held up very well. I would buy it again if I needed another mower. The only thing I'd change would be to use rear tires with a bit more agressive tread.

Paper Maker

My dad has a 72" Kubota. I think he has had it for about 7 years with no trouble at all. I've got a 48" Scagg and wouldn't trade it for anything. After cutting grass with a Kubota or Scagg You'll throw rocks at the other mowers.

Thank You Sponsors!