iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pontiac Vibe

Started by gary, March 15, 2011, 10:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary

Does anyone own one? I am looking at buying one for my daughter. We are looking at getting one between the years of 2005 and 2009. Does anyone know of any problems with them in these years?

Bro. Noble

If that's the one that's built by Toyota, my son has a 2009.  He really likes it and hasn't had any problems except for the recall that toyotas had on their accelerators.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

petefrom bearswamp

The Vibe is a twin to the Toyota matrix.
I have a 2006 matrix with 75K miles with no problems excepting the usual maintenance items, brake pads and oil changes. Right now I think I will replace the serpentine belt but that is all.
I have pulled a small trailer from here to Texas and back  and Wyoming and back with an average of 27 MPG.
PS  mine is a standard Trans 5 speed.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

ScottAR

They seem to be reliable vehicles as I don't see many at the parts counter.  They have two different engines so figure out which 1.8 you have before ordering that belt or take the old belt with you.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Ironwood

Peter,

One of my friend's has one, and did the SAME thing trailer out to Reno to his son's to help renovate. I had to look twice to make sure it wasnt his name on the left :D

They like their's a whole bunch, they are avid kayakers and use it a BUNCH.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

oakiemac

I have a 2008 Vibe and really like it. Gets about 28-30mpg. Great vehicle.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Warren

The Vibe is a Toyota Matrix in Pontiac clothing.  Same essentials. Different trim.  Used to be made in Fremont, CA at the NUMMI plant.  An older woman in our church has a Vibe and loves it. A coworker has a Matrix and has no complaints.

The Vibe and Matrix are basically hatch back versions of the Toyota Corolla.

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

tyb525

I see them often at work-they appear to be your typical foreign economy car. Haven't seen any in for major repairs though, so they seem to be reliable.

They aren't made anymore, however.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

gary

Thanks all. This sounds like a good car for my daughter.

Ianab

QuoteThe Vibe and Matrix are basically hatch back versions of the Toyota Corolla.

That about sums it up.

In this part of the world the various models of Corolla have a reputation as being about the most reliable car you can buy.
(I have one, and it's been pretty much indestructible.)  ;)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

pigman

Quote(I have one, and it's been pretty much indestructible.)  Wink
I don't know Ian, I saw  a few this week on TV that looked liked they were destroyed.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ianab

Quote from: pigman on March 16, 2011, 08:42:47 AM
Quote(I have one, and it's been pretty much indestructible.)  Wink
I don't know Ian, I saw  a few this week on TV that looked liked they were destroyed.

Dunno...

Dry them out, throw out the dead fish and spray a couple of cans of CRC... bet they would still run  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

caver

I have a 2007 Vibe that had about 14K on the clock. I'm maybe over 50K now. No problems. I bought it for the 30 mile commute to work. One was rented to me a couple years before I bought and I liked it so I kept it in mind when I went shopping for a car that was easy on gas.
Baker HD18

Thank You Sponsors!