iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mark M.

Started by Gus, December 17, 2003, 06:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

Mark,
Be coming your way Christmas Eve. Spending Christmas @ Dad's. P.M. me your phone # I'll get in touch. I'll off bear for you for a few hours ( providing it ain't tirdy below or somthing). Looking forward to meeting. 8)
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Jeff

Gus, remember, you gotta take yer own trees. Mark aint got any since the dump froze over.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mark M

Dat sounds good Gus, I'll put a new blade on the saw. You can just ship me some logs Next Day UPS Early AM and charge the shipping to Jeff :o ;) :D

Maybe we should take a trip to the dump and see what we can scare up!

Minnesota_boy

This should be good.  Taking trees from South Dakota, which has none, to North Dakota,, which also has none.  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Mark M

Hey - twice nothin is still nothin. :o

That won't work :(

Jeff

Well, that should take my worries off those freight charges then.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gus

What can we saw from corn stalk Mark? Must be sumtin" ???

whitepe

Mark,
Does Butler have a plane coming to Peoria?
I'll put some logs on it for you.   ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Mark M

How about this one? We could put a couple of truck loads on it.

"Da Plane boss, Da Plane"

Hey I didn't know that little guy on Fantasy Island was from da UP!  8)

whitepe

Mark,
Cool,  I could drive my little jonny popper right up
the ramps.   Should I bring the LT15 too?
PEW

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

EZ

:D Funny stuff, you guys have a great time.
EZ

Gus

Mark,
Can ya' send that plane down here on Christmas Eve? The Audi is broke and waiting on parts from Germany. Heck, I could just drive the old Ford in the tail end of that thing. 8)

Gus

Mark M

Hi Gus

Yep it's a big plane, the worlds largest. You can't really tell how big it is but you can see all the wheels under it and get an idea. It was brought to town to haul a big turbine out of one of the coal power plants. Had to go to Kentucky or someplace and it was cheaper to fly than to haul by truck and get all the permits and road blocks that would be required for an extra big load. When they loaded the plane the whole semi was loaded right in the cargo bay, tractor and trailer with about a dozen or more axles. It was quite a treat getting to see this monster.

Have a safe trip.

Mark

redpowerd

who? cornstalks? what? for sale? ha
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Gus

Mark,
I've got a sister that's a bean counter at Fallkirk(sp) mine up there.
Gus

Mark M

I can see the Falkirk mine from my house Gus, if I stand on the roof. When you get here we can go up and wave at your sister. :)

How long you going to be in Bismarck?

Paul_H

This one might be cheaper

If we all chip in,we could buy this plane and regularly ship logs into North Dakota.(D8 Cat not included)

The Forum Flyer  8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Gus

Paul,
Now that IS a mouthful :o

Mark,
Probably be leaving up there for home on Sunday morning.
I'll be DanGed if the parts for that Audi didn't show up. They called yesterday and said it's fixed. :o 8) Now they want money. ::) Nice car but I don't think I'll get another. Expensive to fix and hard for a lay person to understand. I've got this old '83 LTD here I drive back and forth to work. I think anyone could fix it. I like it alot. Somewhere between mid 80's and early 90's they lost me with those rigs :-[. I can pull codes and stuff but so many time even those don't tell you much. :P

Gus

Mark M

What kind of plane is that Paul? That looks like a 36A D8. Haven't seen too many with a cable unit on the front. Those cabs really rattled.

Gus I know what you mean about fixing cars. I went to vo-tech school 72-74 and learned all about carborators and ignition systems during my 1st year of diesel mechanics training. Then in 75 or so they came out with electronic ignitions and and shortly later fuel injection. I've been handicapped since. While living in exile in the UM (upper Minnesota) I worked at a marina and did some work on imboard/outboards - DanGed if they didn't have breaker-point ignitions and I was right at home!

Paul_H

I don't know what it is Mark.It was in the back of the Finning magazine I get ,Tracks & Treads, Spring 2002.I really liked the picture so I saved it.The short article mentioned that it was being loaded up for work on the DEW line up North in the 1950's.

Tracks&Treads

jtmccallum

It's a C-124 Globemaster.  The last one flown went from Michigan to a museum in WA in1986.  If you find one you know it's been sittin' a while.   jtm
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Paul_H

Welcome jtmccallum.

What would be the vintage of the C-124? Late 40's?  

jtmccallum

I did a quick search, looks like the first flight was in 1949 and deliveries began in 1950.   jtm
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Paul_H

Thanks jtm.
Those old planes had nice lines,and I like the bulbous nose on that one.It looks like a cartoon character.

Are you a aviator?My great uncle Bob was a navigator on a Mosquito with the RCAF during WWII.He gave me a model of the Mosquito for Christmas when I was about 7,and he helped me build it.The model is long gone but the memories are still strong.

He is alive and well in his mid eighties.

jtmccallum

I work as an A&P mechanic on corporate type aircraft.  In '74+'75 I worked for a freight airline in Detroit.  I love the sound of big radial engine powered stuff but I don't miss working nights in the the cold to keep 'em flying.  Here's a link to McChord Air Museum,  Shows a C-124 flying over Mt. St. Helens in 1986.  There are lots of trees on the mountains below, 'cept for where the volcano blew up.  There, that oughta get us back on a forestry topic. topihttp://www.mcchordairmuseum.org/REV%20B%20MAM%20COLLECTION%20C-124%20BORDER.htmc.  

Thank You Sponsors!