iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building that conveyor for the mill.

Started by Woodchuck53, March 13, 2011, 03:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodchuck53

Morning all. Took my time and found the 24"x 1/2" wide conveyor belting. I have enough with splice to make 26' of run. Made my 12.5 " rollers for the ends. I have located 5--5"x24"  rollers that will help carry things along. I'm thinking I will need at least 7 rollers on the bed to move things away from the blade as I cut. This will be about 3' spacing. Does this sound right? Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

weisyboy

god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Meadows Miller

Gday

Woodchuck 3' centers should be fine I take it your not going to be sawing anything under 8' long and are you plating or boarding between the rollers Mate ?

Carl I think hes building an off bearing conveyor for His Corley Mill Mate ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

Chuck,24"wide belt should be more than enough,three foot spacing OK sawdust is light compared to crushed stone.What are you using under the saw for a chute to get all the dust on the belt?On boath of my circular mills I used old fire hose about 5" wide,dust goes out on the bottom of the belt and dumps as it goes around the outside pulley.The sawdust makes its own trough then funnels on the belt,its not perfect sometimes overloaded when whipping boards of a large cant.Conveyers are quite forgiving you really just have to try it and make adjustments as you go along. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Woodchuck53

Morning Frank. This belt is going to be tailing the saw down stream of my splitter parallel to the track. With my good help graduated and gone the rebuild is going to have a lot of hyd. helpers and this belt to move cut lumber away from the saw. The thinking is I will be able to bunch up and at some point idle down to sort. We'll see.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

weisyboy

ok

we have always used rollers about 1.5' apart

but we never had conveyors
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

r.man

Woodchuck, is this powered rollers or a conveyor? The conveyors that I am familiar with have a roller at each end and a smooth surface for the belt to travel on unless the belt needs to be cupped to hold a granular product. So I would say the rollers need to be spaced the length of the conveyor.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

captain_crunch

From conveyer belts around crushers weld a piece of 1/8X1 flat stock around center of tail pully to crown it and belt will center better. and if run with hyd orbit motor you  can reverse it and control speed to stop lumber any where you want it. Kinda my next project ifn I dont get an edger to add to my Belsaw next
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Woodchuck53

Morning Capt. I crowned the 2 big pulleys I built and the unit will be powered hyd. The width puts it between the track and the infeed table on the old Corley edger I have. I hadn't heard anything different so I thought I would use flat red oak the length of the conveyor bed. I have a lot of 2.5" alu. dead rollers I can add if there is going to be any drag. I figure I will have some belting widths left over after the rebuild so will let you guys know. I live in central Louisiana. Have a safe one.

Thank You Sponsors!