iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Left Hand Three Headblock Mill

Started by Autocar, March 10, 2011, 05:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Iam going to look at it over the weekend , the gentleman that owned it pasted away and the family called me about it. If I remember correctly its a American mill with a 54 inch replaceable tooth saw blade. If  anyone knows of anybody that may be interested in it I will take some pictures of it and post them on Monday. The mandrel box is wooden and the carrage fram is wood also,it has  half shed over it and Iam not sure what kind of shape its in anymore. He always ran it with a H Farmall farm tractor off the P.T.O.
Bill

Woodbuzzer

Where is the location of the Mill ?-Buzz :)
Frick saw mills,NHTC29Dtractors,Jonsered chain saws,Northern Hyd. woodsplitters,Central Outdoor woodboilers,and Arctic Cats too!

bandmiller2

Autocar, why don't you set it up,unless you already have a circular mill.If you have a bandsaw they make a perfect combo.I would say though a farmall  H on a 54" saw is quite underpowered. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Autocar

Woodbuzzer its about 40 miles west of Lima Ohio, and Ive had two circle mills over the years but to be honest I don't have the interest in American Mills I probably lean moe towards a mill thats alot smaller carriage size those old Americans were made for big timber. I will get more info over the weekend and pictures and will get them posted.
Bill

Autocar

I looked at the mill today, I took pictues of it but it was cloudy and they didn't come out that good . But I am having trouble getting the picture from my e-mail to my folder. My neace said she would stop by tomarrow and help me. But I told the daughter between eight hundred and a thousand dollars would be a far price. He also had a three gang edger with a wisconsin engine on it. I rolled the belts and it turns over,the blade mandurl sets on roller bearings. I told her if she could get a grand for the mill throw the edger in for another hundred bucks. She agreed to that, if anyone is interested in it I think you should make the run over this way and look it over. The rails are welded to new 4x6 I beams setting on cement. The carriage wood is fair but not rotted. The mandrel box has a little rot on side rail but it could be run for years like it sets right now. Also theres a saw dust blower on it also I believe it has a electric motor on it No big deal if know ones interested in it they will sell it on the farm equipment auction. I also found three blades that are soild tooth two maybe 30 some inches the other maybe 40 something. And I believe the mill blade is style three, eight and nine gage. Bill
Bill

beenthere

If the pics are in your email, then do a right click on them and go to "save" on that list that comes up. Note where you save them on your computer (like in an FF file folder) and then use the Java Uploader to get them from that file folder.  You should be good to go then. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!