iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln Up n Runnin'

Started by ATLGA, March 08, 2011, 07:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATLGA

We finally have our L200 rockin away with a load of QS WO. I also managed to almost remove my thumb on a table saw friday! I wont post pics but its ugly and hurts like the dickens.  >:(
America First.

GAmillworker

Sorry to hear about your thumb.   

my left thumb I call dumb thumb because i removed about 1/4" of the inside tip on my grandfathers table saw when I was 12.

I'm guessing you are near atlanta?

I am about 45min west of the atl.

Would like to see your kiln.
Thank the Lord for second chances

bandmiller2

Table saws and the lowly screwdriver have inflicted more wounds than any outher shop tools,like Rodney they don't get no respect.Sorry about your thumb,you will stub it 1000 times before it heals.When you can please show us your kiln. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ATLGA

Thanks fellas. Yeah I am hoping my thumb will still work well when this is all finished. We are doing some contract drying for a couple other shops in town. I went by the kiln yesterday and the Nyle was dumping hot water out the side of the building  8)

We would love to have yall come by. We usually do an open house on saturdays.  :)
America First.

Planman1954

Safety tip on table saws: Take the time to adjust the blade 1/8" above your stock. One of the FIRST major rules in shop class. (I violate it too...don't think I'm preaching. But it is a great rule to live by.)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Woodbuzzer

A Rule of thumb on table saws ::) -dont set the blade any higher than you would want to loose ;D ;D Hope your thumb heals quick ATLGA.How long will it take to dry theWO-Buzz
Frick saw mills,NHTC29Dtractors,Jonsered chain saws,Northern Hyd. woodsplitters,Central Outdoor woodboilers,and Arctic Cats too!

scsmith42

Good luck with your kiln operation; you sure picked a challenging species to start with though!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

ATLGA

Thanks! We Air Dry down to under 20% first. That works in our favor.  :P
America First.

ATLGA

Planman I went back to the shop today to look at the saw that cut my paw, sure enough that blade was much higher than what you suggested!!  :-[ 

The good news is the doc thinks my thumb is gonna be ok despite having an ugly appearance.  8)
America First.

red oaks lumber

as my dad would ask "did you learn anything"?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!