iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 1/2 pitch chain

Started by madrone, March 11, 2011, 12:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madrone

lumberjack48

The last time i seen a 1/2 inch was on a old Homelite , the one where the carb turned with the throttle handle to keep the carb up right.

The chain is duller than a hoe, there's a good example of the shinny edge I'm talking about, this is what i call, the chain is looking back at you, when the chain is looking back at you it is dull.
To sharpen you have to file on till the shinny edge is gone, and all so check rakers.

You can see a little ware on the cutter straps from forcing it to cut, this is what will happen when its dull or rakers are to high or to low,  and looks like the sprocket wasn't the best ether. 
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Cut4fun

I bet the bikesaw hotsaw guys running 1/2" will be sniping in the end  ;). Chisel is getting hard to come by.

Al_Smith

The mere fact that it's chisel will get the money .They could care less how it's sharpened ,good or nay .They're  going to take it back more any way .

Thank You Sponsors!