iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WoodMizer Show at ARKY's Place

Started by ARKANSAWYER, March 01, 2011, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

WoodMizer was going to have a show at the Little Rock Farm Show in March but the Farm Show was canceled.  Sooo they asked to have one here again, so the folks from Arkansas who wanted to go to the Farm Show could come look at mills.
 So on your calendar put down
April 2nd, 2011 WM party at ARKY's.
 If you are interested in a sawmill contact WoodMizer by clicking on the WM site on the left of the screen and have them send you some info.
 The sawmill is located on HY 62/412 halfway between the towns of Flippin and Yellville Arkansas.  There are places to stay here in Yellville or Mountian Home (22 miles away) or Harrison (25 miles the other way).  You can park a camper here at the mill or pitch a tent or I can give you campground info at the White River (6 miles away) the "Trout Capital of the World"  Branson MO. is about 70 miles north of here. (wife bribe to come)
 WoodMizer should still have some good deals on mills and it will be a good chance to see how hard it is to wear one out as "Wanda" is headed for 3 million bdft at a dead run.  Besides you can see how not to run a pecker wood sawmill operation.   ;D  You can also see a LOGOSOL PH260 along with my Nyle Kiln.
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Sure would like to come down.  We had a lot of fun last time. Should be nice and green down there by then.  With gas prices and all???  We'll see.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Well tell Pro Sawyer Mary that I am making another cedar bench for door prize again.  I will get a photo of it this weekend and try to post it so she knows what it looks like.
  The weather should be great and so far it looks like quite a few people have shown an interest in coming.  We had a good turn out last time and they sold several mills.  An old customer of mine in Springfield MO maybe picking up a new mill there.
ARKY
ARKANSAWYER

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

ARKANSAWYER

Well just head north and keep coming till you are pert near to MO.
ARKANSAWYER

LeeB

Gonna have to miss this one. I'll be back to work.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

Too far for me,  :( :(  Just want to tell others that live close to go.It will be worth it.Take a day off from work,call in sick,sneak away,do what ever it takes to get there. It's great to see sawmills in action.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ARKANSAWYER

LeeB I figured that you would be back over the pond. 
  Maine is not really all that far and everyone ought to come to GOD's country at least once in their life just in case they they do not get to go to heaven in death.  ;D
ARKANSAWYER

thecfarm

Some day I'll make it,just not in April of this year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chris Burchfield

Received Woodmizer's notification of the show cancelation and rescheduled for Arkansawyer Sawmill.  Just pulled it from the mailbox.  562 miles and 11 hours for round trip @ 15 mpg X 37gallons X 3.78 per gallon.  $141 in diesel, that's tough from Memphis unless you have Orange fever.    :D :D :D  Wish I could make it.  Y'all have fun.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

littlechub

i may try to make it, enjoyed the last one.

ARKANSAWYER

Well Chris since you know where the house is you can stay in the back room and we can feed you.
Littlechub come on up the river and visit for a spell.  It would be great to visit with you.  I have been toying with the ideal of taking photos of all the FF members who have been here to the mill and posting them on a "Wall of Shame"
  Looks like so far we are going to have a pretty good show.  The weather should be great as the red buds are in bloom and the dogwoods will be very soon.  It has been in the 70's and 80's the last few days.
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Any mushrooms yet?

Mary and I are "thinking about it".  We'll see.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

It was getting good for mushrooms but then this cold front came in.  Hopefully it will warm back up by next weekend.  Just put on a load to West Plains and after dropping it off Friday afternoon just travel the other 80 miles to the mill.  The redbuds are in bloom and the dogwoods are about to pop!
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

We're out the door...  Loaded for West Plains.  Count on a couple more hotdogs for dinner.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

That's Great!   8)  8)
  The dogwoods and redbuds are in bloom and a LT35 showed up last night and the other mills will be here today from Indy.  The grill is in place and we are going to make a test run with it for lunch today and I made another cedar bench for a door prize so we will see if Pro Sawyer Mary can with it and have a set of them. :D
  Temps will be in the 70's  Tomorrow and partly sunny.  The little rain we got yesterday will settle the dust so it will be a pretty day.
ARKANSAWYER

littlechub

i happened by there today on my way to yellville to do some work, all that bright orange paint sitting outside was near blinding..lol if i had known you were firing that grill for lunch i would have had to made a pitstop on company time. not sure if im gonna make it tomorrow supposed to have some people coming from out of town to buy some coondog pups.

ElectricAl

Arky,

Where is your live web cam?

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

RMay

I will be heading out at five in the morning .  8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

ARKANSAWYER

Littlechub you should have stopped by as we were grilling leg quarters and had potato salad and drinks.  You would have been more then welcome.
RMay that is great.  Bibbyman and Pro Sawyer Mary got there just after lunch.  LeeB is back on the rig so he can not be here.
  No live web cam on the mill.  To many people would be looking at my wood stashes and I would have to get more guard snakes and a bigger gate.
  I played with a LT35 and I think I broke it.  ::)    I wished I could get them to leave that LT50 there and take Wanda back for a rebuild and up grade.  I was not impressed by the chain turner till I sawed a bunch on the LT70 and now I am quite fond of it.
  Weather looks great for tomorrow so maybe Bibbyman will get some photos for  you guys.  I will try to take some but my computer is down at the mill so I will have to wait till it is back up to post any.
ARKANSAWYER

fishpharmer

Arkansawyer, someday I will make it up there.  Just can't get away this weekend.  Hope everyone has fun.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ARKANSAWYER

It was a great time.  8)  Bibbyman got some photos and RMay was there and a guy named Tom (not the white haired one).  IT was a pretty day and a good crowd.   Pro Sawyer Mary did not win the bench.  A guy who is going to buy a mill won the gift certificate from WM. 
ARKANSAWYER

Magicman

Congratulations on a good turnout and I'm anxious to see the pictures.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

Dawn breaking over Arky's sawmill operations.  Not that we were that early.  But the hill is quite a bit higher than the road.

People showed up early.  It was still a little nippy but turned out a nice spring day.  RMay off to himself to the far right. 

Wood-Mizer brought an LT50, LT35, LT15GO, an LT15 left in the crate.  They also brought and demoed their EG 50 single blade edger.  Arky had Wanda to demo and the LT70.

Here is Arky giving a lecture on the sawmill business and prepairing to demo how to make a cedar 4x4 post.   

Another shot of the LT50 getting ready for demo.  Dave Mann giving the talk,  Will Baugh ready to saw and Greg Beare somewhere off camera ready to offbear.

I kind of quit taking pictures after the first hour.  More people came, some left a little early.  We got back on the road about 2:00 and home about 7:00.

Lots of good visiting was done.  Thanks Arky and WM for putting on the show. 8)
Sawing since '94

dukndog

Thanks Bibbyman for posting the pics. Sorry I didn't make it up there. Was prom night here and with 2 HS kids...that means alot. Thanks Arky for hosting it at your place. Got to get up there and see ya someday.

DnD
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Thank You Sponsors!