iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Last Nights Weather ?

Started by Autocar, February 28, 2011, 03:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

How did everyone fair ? We had ten inches of new snow on the ground from a few days ago. Then last night we had thunderstorms all night one tailing the other. Here at home we had three and a half inches of rain some places getting up to six. As I went to coffee this morning in a mile I had four places water was running over the road ,corn stockes and bean straw a foot and half deep in places. Just a few minuites ago they used the snow blade to get it off the road.Everyone coming into the coffee shop was saying they had a basement full of water so I drank my coffee and stopped at church . The basement had about four inches of water on the floor. Ran to my mother laws checked her basement and had water on one end. So my day has been spent pumping and sucking water out of carpets. I figured out what happened the drain pipes on the down spouts were plugged at the street with snow plowed up over the ends. And it took time for the water to cut though it. Alot of homes getting water on the first floors in this area,from the St. Marys River. But sounds like other folks have it alot worse from high winds. Ya got to love spring  ;D
Bill

WH_Conley

We have been under a flood watch twice in the last week. We had 2 last year that topped the "One Hundred Year Flood". Needless to say, nothing is on the mill lot, or anywhere else that is low.
Bill

tomb

Well its been a real stinker of a day here. :(  We had the same thunderstorms you had Autocar and the same amount of snow.  Got up this morning and didnt here the sump pump working. :o  Sure enough the crawl space was a swimming pool! >:(
Spent today pumping out the crawl space until I could climb in and check on the sump pump.  Yep, time for a new one!
The back yard looks like a lake, and the septic backed up with all the water.   :-X
Yep, been a peach of a day! ::)

Thank You Sponsors!