iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LIFT PUMP ON DETRIOT

Started by treefarmer87, February 24, 2011, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

you say it runs bad?? whats it do???

treefarmer87

it just doesnt have that detriot sound, like it should. when it first start it sounds like a new detriot motor, but then it looses the wide open "detriot" sound and it cuts off after about 5 min, ether wont even keep it goin when it starts to die ??? it is really confusing to me.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

snowstorm

go easy with the happy gas. emergancy stop on the blower closed???? how cold of weather will it usually start without happy gas??????

treefarmer87

the owner before me spoiled it with ether and it has to have it to start :( the emergency stop on the blower is ok.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

lumberjack48

treefarmer87, take the fuel line off the primary filer[ the line that comes from the fuel tank]

Get a fitting that you can slip a hose on and put it in there
Get about 3' of rubber hose, slip it on the fitting, put the other end in a 1 or 2 gal. jug

Start it up, if it runs good then you'll know something is wrong from there to the tank
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

treefarmer87

thanks lumberjack48 ill give that a try 2morrow :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

plasticweld

I just went through a bunch of grief this past weekend thinking I had lift problems with my Clark which has a 3-53 in it. It was fluttering at high speeds. Sounded just like it was starving for fuel. I thought about some of the things posted here. First I tried to see if filters needed changing, put new filters on anyway. I thought it was the primary fuel pump and took that off, the square coupler was rounded and I replaced that and it worked good for a day. Next day at noon it is starting to flutter again. I looked at the hose that connects from the tank to the pump and there is a o ring that is sucked in kind of funny and I figure it must be sucking air. I replaced the fitting. Works well on Sunday and I thought I was all set. Monday I used it until lunch again and it started to flutter, I checked all of my connections and could not figure out why this thing was starving for fuel. I opened the fuel cap and the machine ran fine again. Get back on go to make a hitch and it starts to flutter again. I bring back to the landing empty and take the line off at the pump and try to blow back figuring that there was some obstruction in the line or tank. The fuel filter does not have a full amount of fuel in it. I can not blow back into the tank. I disconnected the line at the bottom of the tank and the fuel runs right out. I start looking at the line and it has a kink in it under the floor boards.

As best I can figure, when the line was cold it did not bend enough to restrict the fuel as it warmed up during the day the line would soften enough to collapse causing it to starve for fuel.

The extra suction was enough to ruin the coupler on the pump, suck the o-ring on the connection in and cause a host of other problems that all seemed to go away after the machine sat.

I hope some of my struggles might save someone else some grief.   I thought each time that I had it licked
Bob

treefarmer87

the flares were clogged full of gunk and trash! im glad i found the problem, i would have never figured it out if it wasnt for you guys though. thank you so much for all of your tips and thoughts :) it runs like a new motor now.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

snowstorm

you found the problem????? you did well just needed a little push

lumberjack48

Good deal, i can rest now  8)
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

treefarmer87

thanks for all of your help
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

cuznguido

I worked on those things for many years and there are several things that can cause your problem.  With that being said check your fuel tank vent.  Don't laugh just check it.  Take fuel cap off and start it up and see if runs good, if it does replace the cap and see what happens.  If necessary clean the vent.  I have seen this happen in the wake of some very good mechanics.  Just one of those things people never think of.

Thank You Sponsors!