iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dinasaw sharpener

Started by Neil_B, December 12, 2003, 05:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil_B

I was playing around with my sharpener today, you know, tinkering with it, anyway, I noticed that the settings for the tooth bevels are a bit strange. It starts a 8 deg, 12, 16, 20 and 25.
What the heck would you use a 25 deg hook angle on?

I sharpened up a blade with the 16 hook to see how well it will cut cedar and see if the sawdust changes size much.
Anyone else with one, what bevel do you use on hardwoods and softwoods? I've been using 8 and 12 but may need to play some more with it.
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

Ed_K

I've got the same sharpener. I tried 25* for w/pine it was to agressive. Went back to 20* and it worked well, till the logs froze. I have it set now at 12* for the frozen pine and it worked on a hard maple also. I'm thinking of leaving it at 12* for everything.
 Is your sharpener 12 volt? I can kill a batt in 2 bands if its not hooked to something running  ;D.
 Ed
Ed K

Neil_B

Yep, 12 volt battery is running mine too. I can get a few sharpenings out of a charge but the grinder starts snubbing up when it gets low. Am going to dig up plans for a power pack and build one.

I wonder if the 25 deg is for a blade that can cut open straw bales or sumethin'  :)
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

Thank You Sponsors!