iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many music makers do we have?

Started by Banjo picker, February 20, 2011, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

I just got to wondering how many of you folks play an insterment of some kind...I play the banjo and the guitar....I have several fiddles but can't do much with them

Banjo seems to think I am off key on Faded Love...He don't  mind any other inst. but will howl about the fiddle or a harmonica....

My wife plays the mandolin and guitar and Upright Bass...Both boys play guitar and Bobby plays mandolin as well...
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well, now that you've asked.....I play piano. 14 years of lessons when I was younger. Played in church and in bands. Still play at home for myself and family. Taught myself to chord the guitar and I can make every dog in my neighbor bark playing the harmonica.
A good way to relax!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ron Wenrich

I play pedal steel guitar and acoustic guitar.  I have a dobro, but haven't learned to play.  I have played banjo and saxophone in the past, but don't own any anymore.  Been playing in bands off and on since 1964.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Blackcat1958

Retired bass player, learned on a big stand up when I was a kid  8)

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Bibbyman

I can play a radeo pretty well.   ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

scgargoyle

I'm a long-time trumpet player, plus other various horns. I used to play stand-up bass many years ago. I have a nice old 5 string banjo that I intend to learn when I get settled in up in SC.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Coon

I play the guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo, dobro and, can play a couple of tunes on the fiddle.  I got got bluegrass in my blood.  ;D 

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

I tried (I don't know how many times) to play the acustic guitar, but my fingers just couldn't do all that bending to get around the neck and onto the frets!

That was a long time ago, way back when I was stationed in S.E.A.!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

isawlogs

Well you boys got me beat by a large margin. Now if I where to be in charge of the " charge " tune in a battle both sides would retreat  :o  I can't even get my radio to play in tune ... let alone carry one  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pigman

Quote from: Bibbyman on February 20, 2011, 06:20:57 PM
I can play a radeo pretty well.   ;)
I would like to learn to play a radeo, but I can't seem to find any listed for sale. If Bibby can play the thing I am sure I could learn if I practiced long enough.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jasperfield

metalspinner

This is from an Easter morning a couple years back.  Been playing since I was my boys' age in the photo. :) horn_smiley
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

tyb525

I play guitar, keyboard, stand-up bass and drums.

I've been wanting to learn banjo :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ChuckinVa

Guitar, Mandolin and fiddle. You would think bluegrass or country but i like all types of music.

Dean186

Quote from: Banjo picker on February 20, 2011, 01:38:06 PM
I just got to wondering how many of you folks play an instrument of some kind...

If hand drums count, then djembe, congos, and bodhran

My wife plays, piano, mandolin, guitar, iris flute, violin, harp, accordion ...

Banjo picker

I would think that would clasify as an inst...I have played with folks that played spoons before... :)  Tim

Chris Burchfield

I entertain myself and the dogs while sitting out on the deck.  I play the guitar, mandolin and mountain four string dulcimer I made from a kit Sept. 1975.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Norm

I play electric guitar and keyboards.

Chuck White

Well, I overlooked one instrument that I played a couple of times.

Up at the huntin' camp a group guys were playing whatever one of them thought up and they asked me to play the washtub!

It was actually pretty easy, just follow the beat and to increase or decrease the pitch, either pull or let off on the stick!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Planman1954

I play, uh....just look at the photo!!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

barbender

Guitar and a little electric bass for me. I play the bass at church, I know just enough about it to get  myself in trouble ::)
Too many irons in the fire

Tom

Paul-H plays a fine harmonica.   I know, I heard him do it.

sandhills

I'm starting to think if Jeff could manage to wrangle all you folks up, with your instruments, he'd have some awful good entertainment at the pig roast for an evening. :)

Thank You Sponsors!