iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our RMay…

Started by Bibbyman, December 11, 2003, 04:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

The Wood-Mizer News came last evening.  I got to thumb though it and looked at all the Personal Best winners for 2003 and wished I had time and talent to build such nice things.

This evening I got down to reading some of the articles and great tech advice.  Got to the last page and skimmed the names of some of the new inductees into the 100,000 and 1,000,000 bf club.  A there was Roy May's name among those who were added to the 100,000 bf club.

Rmay's name on the wall at Wood-Mizer among the 3,670 other 100,000 bf members and the 918 1,000,000 bf members.  

Now I know three people with names on the wall at Wood-Mizer.  The other two are 1,000,000 bf members – our own Tom and an old friend of mine Cliff Siebinec who lives in my area.  

Congratulations! Roy and Vester. (I know Roy didn't do it alone.)
 8)

Me and RMay in Hollywood. 8)

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Fla._Deadheader

That's quite a feather in RMay's cap. Congrats.

Suppose WM would give us honorary status ::) ::) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodmills1

Bibby I am a 100,000 footer pushin for the million. :D on the wall have the jacket.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Kevin

That makes the rest of yooze guys... off the wall !

Tom

James,
Don't work too hard at it.  It'll happen whether you bust your bo-hunkus or not.  The problem is that once you achieve it, there's nothing else you can do to be recognized.  You just saw wood and go home to bed.  :-/ :-/  You can even buy a new mill and it doesn't help.  oh! gloom, dispair and agony on me.  Deep dark depression , excessive misery.................

This being successful isn't all that it's cracked up to be. :-/ :-/

Minnesota_boy

Hey Tom,
Once you  get to be so successful, you can look for a newcomer and become the mentor.  Tell them lots of stories while you teach them how to become successful themselves. ;D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Tom

Hey, that sounds like fun. ;D :)

woodmills1

Hey don't ya get 10% discount after a million?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

Tom,  

You're so prolific you've passed 5,000 posts on the FF too. :)
Sawing since '94

Minnesota_boy

Woodmills,
I think it takes a trillion for that.  :D

Tom

You get a discount for sawing a million but only on certain Maintenance items like guide rebuilding kits and stuff like that.  I don't know if electric motors count or not.   Blades don't count for sure.

Passed 5000 posts?   I didn't see'em?  Holly Cow, I better shut up or I'll wear out all those little electrons on my Broad band. ;D    I'm gonna go look at my profile now and gloat. :D :D

isawlogs

Bib ....
I'm also part of the 100,000 club .Been meaning to send my application for the1,000,000' member for the past three years but have yet sent it in....I'll find time this winter ...
  If you look on page 21 way on the botom wright corner you will see the gazebo I built for my daughter .I was awarded an Honorable mention for it...
 Come to think of it I prety sure I hit the million wile sawing the gazebo ...
  Theres a lot of talent that went into the pages of the woodmizer news, sure is nice to see what else the guys are puting together.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

I have no means at the moment of posting the picture of it but if you do and could I'd appreciate it...thanks
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bibbyman

One of the reasons we got our first Wood-Mizer mill back in 1994 was to finish our own home we started in 82.  Next spring will be 10 years and on our third WM and we've yet to get the house done!! :-[  

Maybe when we retire we'll have enough time. ::)

isawlogs,  maybe WM will post the 2003 Personal Best stories on their website.]

Here is a link to their Personal Best 2001 contest.

Wood-Mizer 2001 Personal Best
Sawing since '94

Stump Jumper

We made it to the 100,000 bd ft club a couple of years ago don't remember when though. Jeff has a jacket but I didn't know that my name went on the wall shows you how much I pay attention. :D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Bibbyman

Here's Tom's tag...  

I thought Jeff posted a W I D E shot of Tom and one of the walls but I could not find it.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Thanks Bib. It really does exist.  ;D

Way to go RMay  100,000 ft. goes by so fast that you wonder how you ever took the time to count it.  The next zero drags on a bit.  The best thing I ever did to get the numbers up was cut for farmers.  The problem with them is that most everything is 1x4 and 1x6.  :D   The ranchers want some 2X's to keep the livestock in. The portable custom sawing is the backbone and the hardest work too.  

You have to play games with yourself to keep sawing. When I counted up at the end of a job, I would try to calculate the number of times I walked back and forth behind the mill.  It's amazing the distance you travel in 10 or 15 feet and it's almost always punctuated by the "stepping around the wheel".  I pulled that handle once for every board and got to where I felt a part of the machine playing the drum switches like a piano.

Have you noticed how important the off-bearer can be to a day's sawing?  They can deliberately stop the day's production if they want by fiddling with the board on the mill, blowing sawdust, standing just out of reach, pulling on a log while you wish they were pullling on a board, asking over and over again where you want the board to be put, etc, etc.

I have had some youngsters, once they realized that every board was money, work me to death.  It's a good feeling to see the light come on in their eyes when they realize from where the money comes.  It's the best reason in the world to offer them pay by the board foot rather than the hour. :D

Good luck in your chase of that other zero. :)

Minnesota_boy

I put on a pedometer for a few days sawing, just to see how far I walked.  Keep in mind that I tail for myself and that I'm a pusher, but I find that I walk about 1 mile per each hour I work.  8 hour day equals 8 miles.  No wonder I get so tired when I do a 10 hour day.  Plus the stacking, and I come home and drag myself into the house and collapse for a couple of hours.

RMay

All shucks ;D, yall going to make me blush. Tim you are might about having a good off bearer. My brother in-law works with me. we make a pretty good team. He's one step ahead of me. As far as walking, I figure my seat on the mill has more than paid for itself. by the way does anyone know how to turn the heater on for all this had weather on the sawmill.It has rained every weekend here. 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Kevin

You don't have to shovel rain.

RMay

:D  but it sure is wet an cold when it goes down your back . looks like Arkansawer an Noble is getting snow tonight . ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

Dug a couple more pictures out of my archives.

Roy and Vester and Pro-Sawyer Mary...

Roy and his Wood-Mizer -

Spring 2003.. Note the GREEN TREES.  They were a couple of weeks ahead of us - our trees were just budding out when we left home.

Sawing since '94

RMay

This will keep the sun off...   :D bibbyman are you getting snow up your way ? Where getting rain & sleet  ::)

Bro. Noble

Congrats on the 100,000 R.

We are dry at the moment,  but the weatherman has predicted a bunch of the white stuff for us.

My son put the blade on the tractor this evening.  Nothing worse than trying to put it on when it's under a foot of snow and ice.

We got a new milk hauler,  He's going to get a real education in the morning.  Has trouble manuvering that Peterbuilt on dry ground.  I'll be relieved if and when he gets that rig out of our hollow tomorrow.  I'll do what I can with the blade before he gets here but wouldn't be surprised if to need the winch too.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bro. Noble

:D :D :DJust heard a rumbling noise and look out to see what was going on.  The owner of the milkroute (and Peterbuilt)  decided he'd rather run the milkroute in the middle of the night than to have his new driver run it in the morning in deep snow.

He and I both feel more at ease now 8)  I'm sure the new driver is too.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!