iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

eclassic 2300 "beeping with ooo displayed"

Started by ecrane99, February 20, 2011, 08:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecrane99

Has anyone seen this? Don't know what to do.  It occured when I was shoveling out the main firebox and reloading.

It appears from reading stumpers post that it may be my water level sensor.  Anyone know where it is or how to bypass?

Thanks
Ed

stumper

If your Eclassic is layed out like mine the water level sensor is in the upper left.  The sensors are wired in series.  Follow the wires and check the connections first.  If that fails strip and pig tail the wires together.  If that fails wire it up without the water level sensor.  You will just need to check the water level more often.

ecrane99

Quote from: stumper on February 20, 2011, 08:41:39 AM
If your Eclassic is layed out like mine the water level sensor is in the upper left.  The sensors are wired in series.  Follow the wires and check the connections first.  If that fails strip and pig tail the wires together.  If that fails wire it up without the water level sensor.  You will just need to check the water level more often.

Stumper,  When you say upper left,  is that accessed via the rear doors?  or am I taking off the control board with the display on it?
Ed

stumper

control board.  Open it up and remove the little bit of insulation and it should all be exposed.

stumper

ecrane99

One has pink wires and the other has blue/brown.  I tried jumping the brown and blue  with no luck.  Wondering if it is the one with 2 pink wires going to it?
Ed

stumper

On the last page of my owner manual there is a wiring diagram.  Mine is wood only.  If yours is also, you will see that ther is a pink wire from terminal 1 that runs to the water sensor, then to a conector then to the water temp sensor and back as a blue wire to teminal 3.  

I steped through the things in my post and finally just attached one wire from the water temp sensor to terminal one and the second to terminal 3.

stumper

I just opened mine up.  Yes the waterlevel has two pink wires. the water temp is a blue and a brown.  I have the brown to terminal 1 and the blue to terminal 3.  Mine is the older display not the firestar one.

ecrane99

Thank you.  That seemed to work.  Really appreciate your help.
Ed

Thank You Sponsors!