iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

uploading photos if you have dial-up??=frustration??

Started by tapper2, February 18, 2011, 08:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapper2

I have tried, and tried, and TRIED to upload alot of really great photos I have to these forum pages but hit a brick wall every time. What's the deal?? I keep reading of the success of others on this site, is it because I use the "old school" dial up internet? I really like this site and want to put in my "2 cents" from time to time. A picture speaks a thousand words...right?? I think it could be much simpler than it is, with a simple cut/copy/paste format. Don't get me wrong, I love this site.....If I can figure it out, I have some cool pics, for each of the categories here. I'm kind of tech savvy so......help.?? Anyone else use dial up, but have no problem posting pic??
Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

sprucebunny

Pretty much dial up here.

Are you trying to load more than one picture at a time ? Are you using the Java uploader or resizing them yourself ???

Where do you run into a problem ?
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

tapper2

Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

Jeff

I have not clue what that error is. Since you are on dial up, I don't suppose you have watched the video tutorial?  Dial up should not be a limiting factor.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

I don't understand that message.

Do you have pictures in your gallery ?

Have you followed the written directions about getting pics to your gallery ?

Just do one picture at a time.  If you can resize the picture yourself to 450pixels wide by 300 pixels tall , it will take much less time to send on your slow connection.

Jeff

I just looked. He has all sorts of pictures in his gallery, so the problem is not uploading them.  You just need to copy the code from under a photo and then paste it in the post you want to have it appear in.

[IMG] https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/19727/2345/skidder_014%7E0.jpg [/IMG]

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tapper2

tapper2

tapper2

sprucebunny

thecfarm

I'm still on dial up.Does takes some time.but I just down size the pictures and it should take no more than a minute,if that long from start to finish.
I see you are all set anyways.All the way from a skidder to a ATV to get logs out.Must have a story about each one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tapper2

Of course, like most folks that do it for fun, each piece has a bit of a story. The skidder is an early franklin 120 that I picked up for $1500 a while back. Needs the 3-53 rebuilt $$$, but instead, I think I'll put a GM 350 cu. in. in it. Fuel economy won't be an issue, since I won't be doing skidding full time.
The 1973 C60 truck I picked up for $2000. It's got a 350 in it (may become the donor for the skidder) It's got 2 pto's one drives a pump for the 12.5' dump, and the other powers a pump to run an older Hiab grapple (with hydraulic winch) on the back.(between the cab & dump body) The truck is pretty whipped, so I may take the loader off the truck and mount it on my tri-axle trailer, powered by a small gas engine with a pump.
The small log arch is one that I built from old lawntractor parts. It works quite well as it has a rail that the chain rides up as you drive away. I've pulled 20' small diameter logs with ease to the firewood pile. My atv is a 2005 Honda Rancher 350, not the most powerful quad, but does all I need it to. 

[img]
I've seen some folks on here that have built a lot of useful things to get their jobs done.

Thank You Sponsors!