iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bailey's Catalog

Started by Magicman, February 18, 2011, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

My Bailey's 2011 Master Catalog came today.  I've been like an 8 year old kid looking at the Sears Roebuck Christmas catalog.  There is just so much good stuff in there!!!    :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fuzzybear

DanG, with our snail mail here to the north, it'll be another month till I get mine :(
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

clww

Still waiting on mine....... ::) :P
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

fat olde elf

Got mine and already bought some stuff........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Dakota

Dave Rinker

doctorb

Never seen one before now.  There's a fair amount of stuff in it that even a non-woodsman like me can use.  I think it was a wise idea of somebody to send it to me.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

I'm sure you can find lots of stuff to use for surgical applications.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

customsawyer

Might get a puzzled look or to in the operating room asking for a chainsaw. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

doctorb

I think you guys might be the ones with the puzzled looks if you saw exactly some of the machinery we DO use.

Oh, by the way, we use oscillating and reciprocating saws in the OR.  Avoids the need for oil on the chain.

Chain saws have too wide a kerf to be much use to us.  Too much bone would be lost just making an osteotomy (cutting a bone).
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Yea, I suppose Cabella's would be more suited to surgical supplies.

doctorb

No matter how impressed I am with my new Bailey's catalog, my annual online bill for fishing equipment will exceed anything I order from them.  No dis to them.  Just an immutable truth.

isawlogs

I had a friend that worked the er and when I was brought in with a triple ankle/leg/foot break he was the one to bring me to the operating room and let me see the tool bench before putting me under .. quite the work shop you guys have in there .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

doctorb

It's like a real shiney Home Depot tool smorgasbord!  It doesn't make as much noise as the stuff from  Bailey's, at least, most of the time.

Jeff

I've yet to hear a tree scream.  ;)

clww

Quote from: Jeff on February 19, 2011, 08:12:57 PM
I've yet to hear a tree scream.  ;)
That's the sound they make when the holding wood on the stump lets go on it's way to the ground.
I got my catalog today in the mailbox.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Hanson

I'll be looking for mine in the mail, just got an rather large order from them but no master 2011 ???

Chuck White

Quote from: doctorb on February 19, 2011, 06:17:46 PM
I think you guys might be the ones with the puzzled looks if you saw exactly some of the machinery we DO use.
Oh, by the way, we use oscillating and reciprocating saws in the OR.

Also, hammers and chisels!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Norm

I call it a toy catalog for overgrown kids.  :D

I worked as the night janitor for our small town hospital while I was in high school and part of my job was to mop the the OR rooms. Sure found some funny leftovers on the floor.

Thank You Sponsors!