iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sydney Opra House

Started by pineywoods, February 18, 2011, 09:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

I watched a tv special last night featuring a well known piano player named Anthony Burger. Part of it was filmed inside the Sydney Opra house. I have seen pictures and heard about this building for years, but never seen the inside. No words in the english language to describe it. That building has to be one of the crowning achievements of the human race.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Slabs

If you can see the "John Denver, A song's Best Friend" program by PBS  there is some footage from inside where he performs "My Old Guitar".  

I've also been there and our Aussie friends really have something to be proud of.

Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

DanG

I didn't get to see the inside, but it is a sure impressive structure from the outside!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ianab

Like DanG, I've not been in there, but it sure is one of those Iconic buildings

Maybe they will have Hunters and Collectors reunion show there one day and I will get to see it  :D

Even from the other side of the harbour it stands out.

Lara was impressed but that might have been because it was the first time she had been on a boat.  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!