iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chat Room

Started by Texas Ranger, December 11, 2003, 08:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

OK, dudes and dudettes, just as Jeff mined about com for some of his regulars, I am gonna mine here for some of his.

Steve over at about com has a chat board, where you talk, more or less live, with other like minded individuals.  It gets a little confusing when a bunch of folks are there, but sometimes it is almost like sitting and spitting around the old pot bellied stove.

Steve and I are moderators, so if one of us is on line, there is some control over content and access.  If we are not there, then it is open for the wierd set.  

Here is my access URL:  http://forestry.about.com/gi/chat/

it works pretty well.  Steve is there now.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

My biggest problem "over there" is the popups and ads on his forestry site.  Some are audio and I've had my wife wake up in the middle of the night to the roar of a helicoptor that I couldnt get stopped in time. The folks are nice and the postings interesting but DanG, I sure hate those advertisements.

Jeff

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /webapps/whereabout/forestry.about.com/gi/chat/.

Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Operation timed out
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.19 Server at forestry.about.com Port 80

They can't handle us. We already crashed them. :D

Some of you might remember we tried a chat here too. We crashed it and it sucked. ;D

Steve even says that chats suck and he hated them. Why is he trying it again? About.com pressures?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

A couple of things have encouraged him, not the least is changes at about com that makes competition necessary.

And there are no pop ups on the chat, just getting there, and you do need to accept another set of computer commands for the new chat.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Steve's a good man. I hope that He don't have to do things he dont want to do to hang in there. I figured about.com as history a year ago, nothing to do with Steve, but the about.com as a whole. I can't stand to go there any more because of Tom's reasons.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

L. Wakefield

Yeah, I remember you posting about his comment that he couldn't hang around this board cuz he couldn't make any money around here (that's as close as I can remember..). He sounded pressured alright.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!