iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor is on!

Started by Mooseherder, February 16, 2011, 08:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

I completely agree with Jeff and if you have to narrow it down to one series, for me, it would be Hero's versus Villains.  You'll see the best of the best in that series. 

Say when

clww

Jeff-I'm with you on both: Which season to buy? "Heroes VS Villains", and the ex-federal agent needs TO GO! NOW!
I don't think Russel or Boston Rob will make it to the end, but who knows? With the new Exile Island twist, that could shake things up considerably.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mrcaptainbob

It's always a good idea to have the most disliked person sitting next to you at the last vote. Special Agent sure falls into that category. But...oh-my-God! There HAS to be others that are disliked, but not that obnoxious. But Gees....SHUTUP already!! No wonder he's not a special agent any more!! Oh yeah...I'm takin' my foot ball and goin' home. And by the way...Mary took an extra candy last night....so NYAH!

Roxie

:D  That's a very good characterization. 
Say when

WDH

The Secret Agent Man is history  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

I think the secret's out.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Dean186

Thanks for the suggestion on which seasons are the best.  Currently Amazon doesn't show season 19 as an option, but shows season 20 as an option, but not yet released.  Most likely season 20 will be released late spring.  I will watch for it and I am still open to other season suggestions.

Carpenter

Dean, if possible I would watch season 19 before season 20.  I think Russel will make more sence that way. 

I liked watching Russell. 

I haven't watched the current season yet.  I'll have to catch up with it on the internet.  Sounds interesting.

Dean186

Quote from: Carpenter on February 23, 2011, 12:12:54 AM
     Dean, if possible I would watch season 19 before season 20.  I think Russel will make more sence that way. 

I haven't watched the current season yet.  I'll have to catch up with it on the internet.  Sounds interesting.

I was a little unclear on the Russell thing.  Thanks for the suggestion, I will look for season 19 and go from there.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Dean186 on February 23, 2011, 12:15:58 PM
Quote from: Carpenter on February 23, 2011, 12:12:54 AM

I was a little unclear on the Russell thing.  Thanks for the suggestion, I will look for season 19 and go from there.

Agreed Russel is best enjoyed from the beginning.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

iffy

I thought some of the characteristics of a federal agent are:
1. Very secretive. They only tell you what they want you to know and only if it will benefit them or their assignment.
2. Low profile. Spend more time listening than talking. Given the chance, most people can not stand a vacuum in a conversation and they will start talking just to make noise. Then they usually say something they shouldn't have. A good agent capitalizes on this.
3. Denial. Always claim to be something other than an agent unless there is a need to identify themselves.

Maybe I've been reading too many books. Or maybe there is a good reason this guy was a federal agent.  :D

Papa1stuff

Another blindside Matt got the boot!! ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Raider Bill

I would have kept him and kicked his girlfriend off. He was a physical player for the challenges.

Russell is probably going to regret flat out lying to Ol Rooster about the hint. At least I hope so.

clww

Matt getting the boot WAS a surprise.
Secret agent man still needs to GO! AND QUICKLY, TOO!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Cedarman

Let's see how O'l Rooster plays his secret immunity idol.  Can he keep his mouth shut?  This series has huge potential to be quite entertaining.  Has Russell met his match?  Agent man could go to the final.  Would any jurist vote for him?  This show can go in 30 directions. 
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

I may need to reevaluate the Agent man. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Brucer

Quote from: mrcaptainbob on February 19, 2011, 12:04:36 AM
... No wonder he's not a special agent any more!!

Quote from: iffy on February 23, 2011, 01:55:39 PM
I thought some of the characteristics of a federal agent are ...

So is he a "federal agent" or a "special agent"?

One of my high school classmates became a cop after graduating. When I met him at a class reunion 15 years later, he handed me a business card that showed his official title as "special agent". Turns out after 10 years with the police, he got hired away to an insurance company to do fraud investigations. Not what you might think of as a "special agent" :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Raider Bill

Quote from: Brucer on February 25, 2011, 01:33:48 AM
Quote from: mrcaptainbob on February 19, 2011, 12:04:36 AM
... No wonder he's not a special agent any more!!

Quote from: iffy on February 23, 2011, 01:55:39 PM
I thought some of the characteristics of a federal agent are ...

So is he a "federal agent" or a "special agent"?

One of my high school classmates became a cop after graduating. When I met him at a class reunion 15 years later, he handed me a business card that showed his official title as "special agent". Turns out after 10 years with the police, he got hired away to an insurance company to do fraud investigations. Not what you might think of as a "special agent" :D.

Oh he's special alright. :D He keeps saying Federal Agent. I still think he worked at a airport frisking passengers or checking bags.

Jeff

He has said Federal Agent, he has also said special agent, and then this past week, he talked about "wearing the uniform"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Is a straight jacket a uniform   smiley_headscratch   ??? 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

gary

I don't think that Boston Rob thought about redemption island before booting Matt off. If he wins there and comes back it could bite Rob in the butt.

mrcaptainbob

I would love to see Redemption Island end up with Russell and Boston on at the same time!!! It is possible! Now THAT would make for some great TV!!

WDH

Half of your wish has been granted.

Roxie

Last night was one of the best episodes ever!  These people know how to play the game, and it sure isn't boring.  Throwing the challenge to force Tribal Council was a stroke of brilliance.  Now, Russell goes up against Matt (and the winner goes up against anyone else that get's voted out before the merge) at Redemption Island.  Wow.  Matt is the nice guy and Russell the ultimate bad boy.

This season is great!   8)

Say when

Ron Wenrich

Actually, I think I'd rather see Russell and Ralph on Redemption Island.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!