iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

395xp carry case?

Started by boatman, February 16, 2011, 11:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boatman

Where can I get a case to fit my new 395xp?

Ironwood

I have never seen one, mostly used for smaller saws and homeowners. I cant say as though I have EVER seen a logger use ANY box :D I used to look for them as I bought bigger saws, unless you build your own, you may be out of luck.
Irownood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

boatman

Too bad they don't make cases for bigger saws.  My Husqvarna 51 in 13 years old and looks great as it is in the case at all ties except when in use.  And it's cut allot of fire wood.

sawguy21

Real loggers don't use plastic cases. ;D Seriously, most will not accept a bar over 18" and who runs that on a 395. I find the cases a pita as the saw sits in a pool of chain oil and sawdust.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

flushcut

You have to make one! The Husky powerbox will take up to a 372 with the small dogs and a 24" scabbard can be ordered for them. I think you would be laughed off the hill if you had a case for a 395. Now if that was a typo (359) the powerbox will work.
Husquvarna Chainsaws

boatman

When I take my saw out of the case people say, "That's a nice looking saw". 

I see no reason to let a saw bounce around in the back of a pickup with a bunch of chains and cant hooks.

As for it filling up with oil and saw dust, better it than the back seat of my car.  I take my saws home at night.

Thank You Sponsors!