iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily Harvesting Specs

Started by redeck1985, February 16, 2011, 03:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redeck1985

I want to know some specs on harvesters.

Can you guys give me some details on what a harvester can harvest on average, (and at your maximun for some fun. :) ) on a 8 hour shift, and a 10 hour shift, ect.

Just some info on quantity would be great. :)

Rob

Jamie_C

Lotsa variables here ... type of head, size of head, stem size, stem spacing, unmerchantable stems, softwood, hardwood, mixed wood. Can be anywhere between 15 cd a day for small stroke heads to in excess of 100 cd a day for a modern roll feed head in really good conditions.

redeck1985

I was wondering for roll feed heads in average wood with 20 cord per acre... Thanks for the reply Jamie_C! :)

Jamie_C

Quote from: redeck1985 on February 16, 2011, 07:36:20 PM
I was wondering for roll feed heads in average wood with 20 cord per acre... Thanks for the reply Jamie_C! :)

Still can vary greatly depending on tree size, density, number of unmerchantables, etc, etc, etc .... i have personally had numbers as low as 50 cubic meters in a 10 hour shift cutting wood that ran 20 cds per acres .. it was small wood (0.06 cubic meters avg per tree), very dense and loaded with unmerchantables and barely merchantables ( 1 stick of pulp with a 3" top). Get in a stand of wood with few unmerchantables and wood closer to 0.12 cubic meters per tree and you can roughly double that production working only half as hard.

amberwood

Could not agree more. We just moved from a block that barely produced 50t per day flat out, to a block that does the same in 2 hours. It is all down to diameter and height of stem, spacing, quality, and site conditions.

This is on a 2 roller, Rosin 975 head on a 30t carrier.

Its a can of worms.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Thank You Sponsors!