iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log arch

Started by rockman, February 13, 2011, 03:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockman

Thought I would show you the log arch I built. It is modeled after the old Hyster arches. I tested it without a winch, I used a set of come-a-longs to skid three pine trees. Seems to work great. I haven't figured out how to include photo's here, but I think I have them in my gallery.
Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Jeff

Go to the photo(s)  you want to include in the post and look for the white box underneath it with the photo posting code. Copy it and paste it in your post, to make your photo appear once you post.

The code looks like this for this photo:

[IMG] https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/20227/3287/DSCN0137.JPG [/IMG]

Now lets see you do it. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

rockman

Thanks Jeff. I guess I'm better with a chainsaw or welder than I am with a computer. You can take the woodchuck out of the woods, well, you know....
Husqvarna 455 rancher

shinnlinger

good looking arch, what did you use for hubs?  Any build pics?
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

rockman

No, I didn't take any pics of the building process. I thought about it, but once I get started I hate to stop for anything. For the hubs my son and I went to the local junk yard and I came home with the rear axle out of a Mercury Villager mini van, cut the axle on the bandsaw leaving 4' stubs on the hubs, works great, 15" wheels all for $125.00.
Husqvarna 455 rancher

shinnlinger

I here ya on not taking pics while your working, I don't very much either.   Sadly, My wifes NIssan Quest (villager clone) got totaled and I contemplated ripping the rear axle out before it left the yard.  Now I wish I did but then again the insurance company might have had something to say about that.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

thecfarm

Nice arch.I went looking in your gallery.The hard part is done when you get the pictures in your gallery.Just click on to the picture you want to post,it will open up into another window,scroll down,click on the the green area that says,do you want to post picture in your reply,than click on to yes,than you can preview your post to view it.If doing more than one picture at a time hit the enter key a couple times for some white space and that's it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!