iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Great Day

Started by JV, February 12, 2011, 07:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JV

After a couple of months being down with a pinched nerve in my back I'm finally moving after having a steroid shot mid-back.  We finished our new shop building but have to wire and insulate it yet.  I have several 3 phase machines that set up across the middle of the shop.  I wanted to put a busway across the middle of the building but the prices are outrageous so I was resigned to running wiring to each machine from the breaker panel.  Our local high school had an auction today with their old machine shop tools and some wood shop tools along with a lot of odds and ends up for bid.  The machinery sold fairly high so I didn't buy any.  However, before the auction started, the auctioneer said the school decided to sell the busway in the shop area.  I got 50' of busway, 6 bus plugs, and the main for a fraction of what I have seen.  The sun was shining today, the temps are going up, and my spirits just took a giant leap.   

8)
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Magicman

They may not have realized what the price of copper is.  Sounds like you made a good score and now you will be able to arrange your shop as originally planned.   Sometimes the sun does shine.  ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dewwood

Good find on the wiring items.  That stuff is very expensive now.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Burlkraft

Good to see you are back on your feet again.
Back problems are no fun at all!  >:(  >:(

Things are lookin' up  8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

JV

Wiring prices have gone throught the roof.  Since all of the wiring will be surface mount, I will also need conduit.  The busway will save several bucks by eliminating some of it.  Just need drops to each machine.  I got a quote on closed-pore spray-on foam for the insulation, but that was $6500, so I'm looking at other options.  The building is 40' x 64' with an open 20' wide shed on the south side full length of the building.  The cost to finish it could be higher than the building if I'm not careful.  Originally, I bought a few pieces of smaller woodworking machinery, but this has mushroomed to a full blown commercial shop.  We have been in 4 states plus Indiana buying equipment for the past 2 or 3 years.  I didn't want to sit in a chair after I retired and believe me I haven't.  This blamed computer can be a curse with Ebay, Craigslist, and Auctionzip.   :D

I'm not back to 100 percent, but much better than I was 2 months ago.  I had a bad case of cabin fever.  I can get back in the shop and piddle around.  My wife is the greatest, but two months 24/7 can test both.   ;D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Thank You Sponsors!