iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

aftermarket topends for stihl..........

Started by STIHLFULLSKIP, February 12, 2011, 01:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STIHLFULLSKIP

anyone here have any experience w/any aftermarket p/c kits?  i have a couple of real nice older saws here that need p/c,but they will never get run much. i would like to keep the cost as low as possible,since they will never be more than backup saws. just wondering who makes the best kits,and where to buy them,any inpuit will be appreciated. thanks

MOwoodchopper

I have had quite a bit of experience with the aftermarket stihl stuff. Here is my opinion, as a rule If its a really good saw and you want to run it alot, I like oem cyl s. With that said I had a 064 with the 066 bb cyl from Baileys that I was very pleased with. The baileys kits have gotten better . As for pistons If you can get meteor, they are really good pistons, I like them and I like saber rings.  Thats my take, if you could find a good used oem cyl and run a meteor piston it make a good setup.
STIHL 084
STIHL 026 X2
STIHL 015
HUSQVARNA 372XP
DOLKITA 7900
DOLMAR 6800
DOLMAR 5105

Jims small husky

Remember the saw docs recommendation and try muriatic acid and fine wet or dry sand paper to clean up those cyls. If it's transfer from the piston, it'll come off pretty easy and might save the cyl. Worked for me, Jim.

Al_Smith

I'll tell you another thing that will work too,easy off oven cleaner .Stinks like a bucket of butt holes but it will, with the help of a 3M pad ,remove tramp aluminum .

What isn't a good plan is using a flap wheel on a die grinder .

Mad Professor

Tecomec/precision tooling kits are close to OEM quality

STIHLFULLSKIP

Quote from: Mad Professor on February 13, 2011, 07:21:29 PM
Tecomec/precision tooling kits are close to OEM quality
where do i inquire on purchasing? anywhere on the net?

tlandrum

www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Mad Professor

I have pictures of a 038M tecomec assy if people are interested.  It is very nice. can post OEM (but shopworn) 038S pics too for comparison.  Casting, lining, and finish are as good as OEM. Piston assy was 10g lighter than OEM 038M

Site here will not re-size and allow me to post them?

US distributor is Tilton, but you can find them on fleabay too.  The last 038M assy I fleabayed for $99 plus shipping.

Thank You Sponsors!