iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a proper name?

Started by sawdust, February 11, 2011, 09:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawdust

The roll up track that carries wires and hydraulic hoses on equipment has a real name. I have always referred to it as that "caterpillar roll up hose track stuff".  :D

Can someone please tell me what the real name is.

Much appreciated. We are trying to find some for the cnc plasma table we are building.

david

comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Kcwoodbutcher

Some call it an energy train.IGUS out of Germany makes it and it ain't cheap.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

AvT

or cabletrack? wait...the woodmizer parts book calls it "cablechain" Or cable/ hose carrier system gets lots of hits in google.... CATRAC is a brand name for that type of carrier
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

DanG

Yes I've heard it called Igus track.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

paul case

one of timberkings promo videos calls it an ''energy chain''.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

DanG

A quick Google search reveals that it is a "cable carrier".  It is manufactured by Igus Inc. under the trademarked name, "Energy Chain." :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Brucer

Quote from: DanG on February 12, 2011, 10:55:38 AM
... It is manufactured by Igus Inc. under the trademarked name, "Energy Chain." :)

That's what my Igus catalogue calls it ;D.

Haven't looked in the book for years but there's some interesting stuff in there. A couple of dozen different styles of "Energy Chain", plus "Energy Tubes" which are completely enclosed. There's also "Chainflex Cables" which are specially designed electrical and electronic cables that are designed to tolerate the continuous flexing without breaking.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!