iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

going to finally make the leap

Started by countryjonez, February 11, 2011, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryjonez

i have been wanting a mill for a couple of years, and after reading all your posts i cant wait any longer.i would realy like to have a swingblade but dont have the cash. i was wondering if any swingblade companies do in-house financing. if not i have enough to get the woodmizer lt10 cash, but would prefer to use that money for a down payment on a swingblade.if anyone has info about that please let me know.i want to get set up before spring gets here.im like a little kid thinking about my new toy to come.thanks for all the great info.
If God be for us who can be against us ?

Jasperfield

Well, the pursuit is half the fun.

If a swingblade is what you're really after, just hold off until you're ready. If your weather has been like mine, it's been too snowy to do anything anyway.

tyb525

Heck, get the LT10, you can always upgrade ;) (coming from someone who was in the exact same situation as you)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

r.man

Older used but maintained well would help the budget a lot. Many saws get bought by people with a particular job in mind and then get kept out of habit. With the internet and digital pictures all sorts of possibilities are out there.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

thecfarm

Get on the phone and call them up.They may have a last year model they want to sell or have a trade in. Only way to know for sure.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Meadows Miller

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 12, 2011, 04:09:58 AM
New Lucas 1030 for $11K no sense looking elsewhere.....

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,48692.msg704171.html#new

That will be a Bloody Good Buy  :o :o :) :) :) that will never come round again you would be waiting along time if you did  ;) H4H aint gone mad has he  :o ???  with all that cold weather that you all have been getting  down south i think someone should go check on him  :) ;) :D :D

As far as A swing mill goes I am a Very Happy Lucas owner and don't think you could go wrong with pushing that little extra and getting one as they just do what they built do well with no dramas Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Ohh and Welcome to the Forum Cj if you have any questions just fire away Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Busy Beaver Lumber

I agree with TY and I too own an LT-10 and love this little mill. There is a big difference between dropping $3200 on an LT-10 and over $10,000 on a swing mill. If you get the LT-10 at least you can start sawing now and make some money. When you save up enough money and are ready for the swing mill, you can probably get most of your money back out of the LT-10, so long as you take care of it, possibly even all of your money if the price of the new LT-10's keeps going up over time.

I bought my first woodmizer mill, which was an LT-25 for $5000 with 25 blades and sold it a year later for $7300. I did not need to be portable and just bought it and used it for about a year to cut up about 25 logs I had sitting around, with the full intent of selling it when I got the right offer. Was in very good shape and well cared for and held its value very well. Used that profit to get the LT-10. LT-10 with 10hp motor, extra log dog, and box of 10 blades, cost me $3400, so I have all of $1100 invested in the brand new LT-10 and can tell you that I have made that back 10 times over in the first year of owning it.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

countryjonez

thank you all for your insight.i think buying an lt10 is the way im leaning.i like the thought of no payments.start small,work hard and then upgrade.but those swingblades are the coolest machines ive ever seen. would still be interested in knowing about financing a lucas or peterson. thanks ereyone.
If God be for us who can be against us ?

Bill Gaiche

Buy and keep the lt 10 and later buy a swingblade. bg

bandmiller2

Jonez,You could call BrandX swingmills, some of the guys  here said they will sell just the pivoting head and you could build the track mayby put your own engine on it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!