iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What I want for my birthday!

Started by sawyerkirk, December 09, 2003, 03:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawyerkirk

What I want for my birthday is simple. A new mill with a HUGE clamp at each end to straighten out sweepy logs. Come on Woodmizer y'all have done so much, that shouldn't be to hard! I am sawing a butt load of small black locust logs into 2x5's for a railcar company, and only averaging about 2 boards per log! Getting about 500 bf per blade, and only doing about 100bf per hour.  Oh yeah, and a tank!

woodmills1

When I cut small diameter oak it tends to want to move.  I will take a pass to just remove some bark then flip 180 and do the same.  I then saw through and through flipping after every pass.  All boards get edged again flipping every pass.  This doesnt stop the movement but it makes the final product as straight and uniform as possible.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

sjh

Sawyerkirk
I read many years ago that a guy in Japan built a very large microwave to put logs in. The logs in his area were of poor quality. The microwave made the fibers loose, then he put the log in a press. The press compressed the log and made them square. Maybe you can try that.

Thank You Sponsors!