iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cribbage board peg storage

Started by woodbill2, February 10, 2011, 04:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbill2

I have decided to add state outline shaped cribbage boards to my list of items I sell at craft shows and Farmer's Markets. I need some ideas on adding peg storage to them. The board is 3/4" thick.  Any one got any great ideas?
Rain doesn't get things wet, it makes them grow. So next time you get rained on, remember you're growing, not getting wet.

celliott

I made one in the shape of my home state, Vermont a few years ago in shop class. I don't have anywhere to store the pegs, I just leave them in the top of the board. My pegs are moose teeth  :)
I am looking at making another board though, I'm thinking a big chunk of curly maple in the shape of a maple leaf, and I'd love to have some way to store the pegs like they do in the store bought boards. If you have any good ideas, i'd also like to know.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Radar67

Can you add a small box with a slide out lid on the left hand side of the board? Maybe something in a shape that pertains to the state?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

metalspinner

You can make a small router template to rout a couple of dishes in the state.  If the state has a large lake, bay, or whatever, the dish can be that feature.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

ely

bore a 1/2 inch hole into the edge of the board and plug it with a wooden plug. you could make it however deep you needed.
what the heck is cribbage anyway. :P

laffs

i havent done this yet but, i was thinking if you routered a slot close to the edge then use a dremel with cutoff wheel to make the groove where the piece of tin slides in and out ? make the slot a little smaller than the cutoff wheel anda steady hand with the dremel
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

beenthere

Maybe re-route the track and then use a 2" forstner bit to make a flat bottom hole where Mt Ranier is located. Then turn a top to fit snuggly over that hole that is hiding the pegs.
Risk of the top dropping off and losing the pegs however. :)

Turn a few other tops of smaller sizes to represent Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Baker maybe. Route the track along the I 5 and I 94 routes?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jamesamd

Rout out a section on the back,from the Olympic peninsula to the Columbia River,seal it with epoxy,cover with a thin brass plated steel sheet,embed several rare earth magnets around the edges.Add a finger pull.
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Thank You Sponsors!