iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my wife is nuts

Started by muellerlogging, February 07, 2011, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhlogga

Quote from: red oaks lumber on February 13, 2011, 12:58:50 PM
at my house everything is 50- 50 and when you add it up it totals 100% happiness.

Same here.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

trapper

Jeff thanks for running a tight ship
Marv
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

mandolin

Yes, my wife is nuts, too. That is, she is nuts for me. She bought me a sawmill, tractor, trailers, woodworking tools, etc. If there was a better wife in the world, I'd like to meet her. Been with each other 23 years. (PS-I'm using all this stuff to build us a new house)
2008 Hudson 228
1945 Boice-Crane Planer
1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Dehumidification kiln
Complete cabinet/furniture shop
Professional turkey boxcall tuner

muellerlogging

there is truly nothing better than having a nutty wife ;D  just thought i better drop a line and let everybody know that im ok :D the ground hasnt thawed out here yet so im in good shape :D

captain_crunch

All I will say is I sure wished I had learned to cook >:( >:( Been married 13 years. Now had I Murdered someone I would have been up fer parole 6 years ago Go figure
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: red oaks lumber on February 13, 2011, 12:58:50 PM
at my house everything is 50- 50 and when you add it up it totals 100% happiness.

Actually I think if you analyze  a little closer you will find that it is 100%/100% from the start most of the time in a marriage.
Over the course of years that changes back and forth depending on a lot of factors with the most critical being personal health (in all it's aspects) of both persons, but still adds up to 200% Happiness most of the time and just plain contentment some of the time.

When your better half is in distress for what ever reason those tend not to be happy times and contentment will carry the day. 35 years has taught me that in my own marriage and watching my folks for almost 60 years now has been a fine example as well.

Some days I wonder how Dad has done it and then on other days I have wondered how Mom has done it. Lately it has been Dad and it is pretty obvious that even though Dad is 8 years older he will out live mom. That is when you see the real metal that people are made of. When mom is gone I fear that Dad will be half the man he is now and I think that is probably the only time when 50/50 can apply in marriage.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Mike_Barcaskey

Marriage is like a deck of cards.
In the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond.
By the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Mike_Barcaskey

seriously, i feel sorry for you fellows who made a bad choice or couldnt make it work
22 years and six kids and we are still honeymooning
if there's an issue its usually due to my stupidity

she does occasionally complain about me getting a real job,
like cutting trees and killing critters aint work!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

limbrat

My lovely wife got so crazy that i didnt wont to me around her. I was about to move onto the boat and take my showers from a bag. Then she had a blood test for something and her thiroide level was almost not there. She had it taken out went on medication and has been her sweet lovely self every since.

But realy females are trained from the time they are very little girls to be nutty. thats why the cootys live in there ears so they can tell them to do werd stuff. Its also why most girls have long hair so the cootys can have a look around without being noticed and the big ear rings are playground equipment.
ben

Rocky_Ranger

Well, that certainly explains it..... Limbrat are you sure you didn't get beaned in the noggin with a frying pan in the recent past? :D
RETIRED!

Corley5

Quote from: Mike_Barcaskey on February 21, 2011, 03:27:29 PM
Marriage is like a deck of cards.
In the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond.
By the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

That's good  ;D :D ;D :D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

BOBWOOD

Sorry I didn't reply sooner...but it was really good to hear that you are doing OK, mueller logging...I am happy to hear that. I was watching this thread intently....noticed that a lot of guys could relate to your situation but not many of us could actually offer you any practical advice....I mean in comparison to, say a mechanical problem with your skidder or something of that nature,...I like to joke around about my situation but, in reality, it has had a profound effect on my position in life....and it really hurt me and my family like hell...but such is life...when God said the two shall become one...He really meant it....wether it be thyroid malfuntion or what have you....I am happy for those of you that cannot relate to us that have gone though this...OK gtgn...late to pick her up from work!...BOB

RSteiner

Driving you crazy seems to be a short trip in a fast car. :D 

I wonder how she feels ::)

Marriage is kind of like fishing, we treat the fish a lot better until we get them in the boat.  Been married for 37 years to the same woman.  We have had our share of rough spots along the way and I am sure I have driven her crazy a few times and she me.  We made it through those years in her late 40's and early 50's when the hormonies were after her.  I didn't get killed and the hot flashes have subsided to a nice warm glow.

It took me a while to figure out what things I did that made her feel special and loved.  We recently read a book by Gary Chapman called the Five Love Languages, wish I'd read that 30 years ago. 

Randy
Randy

BOBWOOD

I liked that one too Randy, I spent a fortune on books and stuff to try and help my marriage...but with my wifes thyroid and hormone problems she really wasn't in control of herself, that and as you can see, she is very blonde, so none of it was of much use....even when the book literally said "people will be telling you that you have changed but you will deny it so believe them and this book because it is true"...of course she still doesn't accept it to this day...Nevertheless, I think that the best book/concept I've found for couples is Imago therapy from a book by Harville Hendricks called "Getting The Love You Want"...you can look it up and they have all the stuff...CDs, workshops, workbooks etc....I only wish we were both healthy enough to make the best use of it...and this is just my opion too...just because it makes logical sense to me doesn't mean it actually works!...These situations might be due to our human condition but I believe knowledge can help...certainly stupidity is never benifical....A good one for understanding thyroid problems, which seem to be quite common, is "The Thyroid Soloution" by Ridha Arem....wish I would of read that one way sooner!...BOB

Cedarman

Marriage is about learning to communicate and mostly to ask the right questions.
When I walk into the kitchen and ask what's for dinner, the answer is "It will be ready in about 30 minutes".  The next day when I walk into the kitchen to see what time dinner will be ready, the answer is " We're having spaghetti".  When I ask why I don't get the answer to the question I asked, the answer is " Well, I told you what I thought you really wanted to know".

I can ask how soon will you be ready to go.  Answer " I am putting clothes in the dryer".

I can lay my pocket knive down on the table in a room full of clutter.  Come back an hour later and the knive is gone.  I ask where is my knife.  Answer,  " Oh, I put it away so you could find it".  The rest of the clutter is still laying around. 
  43 years of this.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

paul case

Quote from: NB sawdust on February 12, 2011, 08:06:43 AM
Can't complain about mine ! She's not afraid of equipment. Neither one of can bake anything but we manage to put supper on the table! (sometimes it comes from take out though).

my wife and i both enjoy cooking but with both of us working sometimes we eat from the 3 major food groups.
canned
frozen
take out.
pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

pigman

Cedarman, I didn't know my wife had a sister. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

isawlogs

Bob, I am with her cousin  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

Sometimes when I ask whats for dinner I get "The food is in the freezer and the pots are in the cupboard. "  Go figure.  ::)  ::)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

5akman

New guy here, just had to chime in. Someone once told me, "Don't marry the woman you think you can live with, marry the woman you know you can't live without". Best advice I've ever put into action and its been the best 23 yrs of marriage I could ask for. Heck, she even puts up with me being gone for 2 months every summer commercial fishing in Alaska. I'm the envy of all my friends!
1978 JD 440C

beenthere

Quote from: 5akman on February 27, 2011, 12:20:17 PM
New guy here, just had to chime in. Someone once told me, "Don't marry the woman you think you can live with, marry the woman you know you can't live without". Best advice I've ever put into action and its been the best 23 yrs of marriage I could ask for. Heck, she even puts up with me being gone for 2 months every summer commercial fishing in Alaska. I'm the envy of all my friends!

Good words.

And she prolly can't wait for you to go on that summer trip so she can have two months of vacation. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

5akman

Yes, she calls it her "testosterone free" summer.  :)
1978 JD 440C

RSteiner

Quote from: BOBWOOD on February 25, 2011, 09:06:02 PM
I liked that one too Randy, I spent a fortune on books and stuff to try and help my marriage...but with my wifes thyroid and hormone problems she really wasn't in control of herself, that and as you can see, she is very blonde, so none of it was of much use....even when the book literally said "people will be telling you that you have changed but you will deny it so believe them and this book because it is true"...of course she still doesn't accept it to this day...Nevertheless, I think that the best book/concept I've found for couples is Imago therapy from a book by Harville Hendricks called "Getting The Love You Want"...you can look it up and they have all the stuff...CDs, workshops, workbooks etc....I only wish we were both healthy enough to make the best use of it...and this is just my opion too...just because it makes logical sense to me doesn't mean it actually works!...These situations might be due to our human condition but I believe knowledge can help...certainly stupidity is never benifical....A good one for understanding thyroid problems, which seem to be quite common, is "The Thyroid Soloution" by Ridha Arem....wish I would of read that one way sooner!...BOB

BOB  you are right most books and how-to's are focused on people who are not dealing with some physical or physiological disorder.  When things go chemically wrong in a peorsn's body the effects come out in many different ways. 

My wife had a pinched nerve in her back which affected the ability to use her right arm and leg and lead to an emotional break down before we found out the cause and got treatment.  The choice to stick with her for better or worse was not easy at times but we did make it up that hill and have enjoyed many things since. 
Randy
Randy

Shotgun

Sounds like some of you guys could use one of these...

I understand that they have them at Wal*mart.

Norm

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Hanson

Shotgun, the top one looks so....simple :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!