iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gonna be a new country

Started by SwampDonkey, February 07, 2011, 06:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

In northern Africa the country of Sudan is going to split into two countries. The southern Sudanese voted to separate the southern half of the country, will happen this July. There has been a long civil war there, something had to give.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jim king

A lot of oil to fight about there, I don´t think peace will be that easy.

Magicman

And the South votes to secede from the North and then there is peace and it will put an end to the civil war?  As long as people are people, greed will be greed.  I wonder if a boundary line between two new countries will prevent it?

I'm not trying to provoke or disagree.  Just wondering.

:-[ :-[  Yup, secede, not succeed
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Secede.  ;)  Although, succeeding might be the optimal solution.  So maybe you have it right anyway...

Guess they'll have to redo one of my favorite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDtdQ8bTvRc

jim king

Magicman:

I agree as in Africa all is tribal.  Borders were made  there by colonists by landmarks such as rivers and not by ethnic distribution.  People are under the conception that balack people are black people.  There are hundreds of black races and very few get along with the other.

Sudan has an Arab/black mix in the north and a black south.  The money is in the South but the power and guns still lie in the North.  I don´t think it will be so easy for the South to share the wealth with the North.   Great theory but I don´t think so.  Do you think the vote was 98% in favor of succession because they like riding camels in the desert..  $$$   It is another non starter.

SPIKER

I guess I'll hold onto my oil stocks a few weeks longer as this will cause them all to jump up again.   better fill the gas cans & tanks on everything...

mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

DanG

Quote from: jim king on February 07, 2011, 08:51:13 PM
 People are under the conception that black people are black people.  There are hundreds of black races and very few get along with the other.

Thank you, Jim!  That is exactly what I have concluded from my life-long study of "race relations" in this Country.  It isn't just black folk that have different tribal traits, we all do.  Just look at the differences between the European tribes, not only their appearance, but their behavioral traits.   If the "White" races are so varied, why shouldn't the "Black" races be, as well?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!