iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heres One For Ya !

Started by Autocar, February 07, 2011, 03:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

A year ago I bought a woods north of my place 65 miles that sites in the Black Swamp and area that goes all the way to Lake Erie main tree species are White Ask, Pin Oak and Swamp White oak. I remarked to my wife that I had bought some trees that day and the fellow was pretty squirreley looking and I made a point to check for the owner ship of the farm, which checked out ok. In June which is very unusal to be dry enough in this area I started cutting the trees. About two days later I was on my way home with a load of logs and was about five miles south of this woods and a sheriff car pulls me over. The sheriff asked me if I was logging on county road ### and I said yes I was. Here to find out this guy was being watch by undercover cops for making meth. And it was suppose to being made in the woods, he tells me what to look for propane tanks , blue tarps and some ofther things I tell him I was in the woods in January and there was snow on the ground and there wasn't any tracks or anything else. And the weeds were pretty tall in the woods now and there wasn't any sign of anyone being in there. So away I go and the next couple of days I worked like a mad man to get the heck out of there  :D It was about three months later and I was talking to one of my spotters and he tells me the guy got busted making it at the house. I though this was a pretty crazy exsperance and you might get a kick out of it. 
Bill

Jeff

Its actually very common.  I take care of the Michigan Adopt a Forest website and we have a section on there devoted to how to spot meth lab paraphernalia so volunteers can be aware if they run into that sort of thing.

http://cleanforests.org/safezone/methlabs.shtml

On the stats program that we use for the website to tell how people find it, the number one search term is "How to make a meth lab" >:( :-\  They find our page on how to I.D. one instead.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ely

.... nevermind, i would get sent to the woodshed.

Magicman

I found a Pot farm on some of my leased land many years ago.  I had a seen a guy a couple of times that said he was running a trap line.  His little farm was in the middle of a brier patch.  I just turned it in to the sheriff and stayed away.  The guy was later found murdered, and nothing ever became of the case.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mad murdock

Talk about illicit activities on private forest land.  We do aerial survey flights in Northern CA every year and there are areas along the Klamath River that are majorly infested with illegal canibis plantations.  They bring in drip irrigation systems, and everything, all on land that they do not own.  All our pilot and landowner rep do is mark the plots with GPS and turn the coordinates in to authorities.  They have seen plots with as many as 38,000 plants in one area.  It is crazy the stuff that goes on in the woods sometimes.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Magicman

My Brother, a friend, and I found a whiskey still once.  We weren't careful with our tracks and when we took the sheriff to the location, it had been moved.  The sheriff then staked the place out and found the still.  He threw the whole mess of mash, still, and everything down into the the drinking water cistern.  The shiner went to jail, and the family had to move, because they had no drinking water.  One of the sheriff's buddies collected a reward for "finding" the still, and we got nothing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

MM would you call the sheriff again ? 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!