iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Best superbowl Commercial ever

Started by Jeff, February 06, 2011, 11:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Score one for the loggers.  Did you get to see it?  This version is just the tease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrf35qYeyTY
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

CX3

I thought I would come out of my chair when that great big log smoked the gun hating Rosanne.  Loved It
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Roxie

My favorite ad was the Chevy truck that saved Tommy in the well.   :D
Say when

Jeff

I was told how inappropriate it was by my wife when I instantly cheered at the decking of Rosanne.

Holmes

I saw that  and loved it . I literally said  "I didn't see that one coming" and laughed  my ... off. Holmes
Think like a farmer.

Tom

There was probaby a roar of approval all over the USA that was heard all over the world.  Well, at least in the direction of Europe.  I don't know how much of a approval would have come out of the Left coast.

Paul_H

I see by the Mountain in the background that it was filmed in my hometown of Squamish.It's at Squamish Mill's dump on on Howe Sound just below the Chief. 
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

ErikC

Everyone at the party we were at cheered. :D Especially 'cause we're from the left coast ;)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Chris Burchfield

Never cared for Roseanne before and after her screwing up the National Anthem for the baseball game.  Getting smoked by the log was a treat to watch.  My favorite commercial was the little Darth Vader in the Volkswagen Super Bowl ad for the 2012 Passat.  Goes around the house trying to use his Power on everything in the house.  Dad come home in a new Passat and goes inside while the kid runs out to the car.  Dad starts the car with a remote, surprise, the kid looks around to see if anyones watching.  Real cute! Christina Agulera sang one line of the National Anthem twice.  I like Blackeyed peas with my cornbread and a slab of raw onion.  That girl in the group has legs that go up past her hips.  She was the only thing worth seeing during half time.  The game was good.

Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

fishpharmer

The roseanne commercial was the best!! :D  Wouldn't you love to know how large the surge in candy bar sales was after that?

Paul, that's really neat it was filmed in your old backyard.  Are those "normal" logs or just the extra big ones?

Also, liked the little darth vader.   :)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

scsmith42

Quote from: CX3 on February 06, 2011, 11:37:37 PM
I thought I would come out of my chair when that great big log smoked the gun hating Rosanne.  Loved It

+100.  I backed up the DVR a couple of times just so that I could enjoy that scene over and over.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Paul_H

Quote from: fishpharmer on February 07, 2011, 07:22:54 AM
  Are those "normal" logs or just the extra big ones?

Most on the skids there are Douglas fir and there are still good cut blocks out there with that size and bigger but there are plenty smaller trees mixed in with it as well.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

WH_Conley

I just watched it 3 times. I might have to go buy a case of Snickes bars now.
Bill

SPIKER

Yep that was the best one going this year.   The VW Darth Vader was pretty cute too.   I wish I was operating the crane it would have come back for a 3rd or 4th wack lol   I think it would have really been good if her EX was running the controls lol.   

I still think the BEST was the FED EX one with the dinosaur stomping the little guy delivering the next day package.   I think it was maybe 6 or 8 years back.   

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

CX3

The commercial where the beetle was going 200mph and "drifting" the corners around the ants was pretty funny too. 

And I liked the chevy commercial also.  "I didnt even know this town had a volcano" LOL

I shouldnt laugh that could easily be me with my kids in a few years :-\
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

clww

The Snickers one was probably my favorite.
The "200 mph beetle" was great, too!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

red oaks lumber

the  chrylsler com with meniem driving thru detroit given the past few years how are country has been destroyed with the reseccion. that one really hit home "imported from detroit".
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Dale Hatfield

Their was supposed to be a chainsaw carving in the Snickers mercial. Their was also one in the chevy truck ad
Seeing her get plowed was  good fun. What chaps my backside is she made money doing it .
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Thank You Sponsors!