iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SNOW

Started by sburro, December 08, 2003, 10:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sburro

Here in new england, we just got hit with one of the biggest storms in a while, 24+ inches. :o :o :o :o :o  was anyone else hit bad this weekend? ??? ???

Fabiola

:)Not here in Rio... :)
It is about 35 celcius degree yet...
In January that is when we going to be in troble with 45 degrees... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I jst can not stop myself the remaind you I NEVER get cold here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

sjh

We missed all that snow at my house. I am near the lake between Rochester and Buffalo NY.

Jeff

Went south of us. YEAMAN! don't need it or want it at my house.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Chances are it'll find you sooner or later. :D :D  In the Army, training 81MM mortar fire, we may call this a "bracket" system.  Another storm will tell which discipline the man is using.  ......might be the ladder system. :D :D

I'm pretty much out of range.  ;D

Jeff

I hope to be the guy lying under the barrel. It makes a lot of noise, and ya might get powder burnt once in awhile but you never get hit.

Tom

:D  Slim Pickin's ridin' the A-Bomb comes to mind. :D

Jeff

Dr. Strange Love or...

Tom

Yep! Slim Pickens as Major Stanley "King" Kong riding the atomic bomb to earth. :D :D  Not even a near miss.  ;D

etat

I can't even imagine a 24 inch snow.  Never seen one in my life.   Don't want to either! :) :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fla._Deadheader

Missed us. It's 75° here ::) :o :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

L. Wakefield

Lots of blowing and drifting. The house had a 20ft moat around the northeast corner blown clean- corresponding drift around that. Down in the pasture it was maybe 16". Some big fields where it drifted the drifts were about 5ft high where the plow cut them.

It went on for about 24 hours or more here. Beautiful morning this morning though- you may cuss at it a bit but it's so DanG beautiful. Moonlight on it tonight too.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jim_Rogers

The phone rang at 5:15 am Saturday morning, "time to go plow the snow" the wife called to me as I was in the shower. I got home Sunday night at 4:30 pm.
Drove my 83 GMC 6-wheel dump truck with a 9' highway plow for 30 hours plowing, before I did my mother's driveway, my brother's driveway, and then my driveway, last.
We got one three and a half hour nap, off the clock, while the other truck kept plowing the route.
I drove around my home town on the same 6 miles of road so many times I can't even tell you.
I know every mailbox, telephone pole, and tree by the edge of these roads by heart.
I could probably drive it asleep.
My town got some where between 18 and 24 inches of snow. It was hard to measure as it was very light and blowing all the time.
Some fun, eh.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

MrMoo

Snowed for about 44 hours at our place in southeastern NH ended up with only about 14".

Now they are saying heavy rain for Thursday that otta make nice mess. Don't even want to see what things will look like once all that freezes up.

Don P

We got 8" here topped by ice about another 1/4", sure was slickery. We had 1" forcast so I didn't even take the truck down. I did get time to make a new beam calc with numbers Jim had sent.  Finally got it plowed Saturday afternoon and got the truck out. Went to work this morning and overheated :-[ oops weak antifreeze, got lucky, no damage.
 When I got there a migrant worker up for the tree season was broken down. I went to help and we hand signalled and talked loud to help with the translation. At the end of about an hour of trying I pulled his dipstick...bad news, oil and water. I took him into town where he motioned me to let him out...his adventure just took a turn for the worse :-/.
I'm thinkin hard about that research assistant job down south  ;D.

hiya

We got about 12" here(about 35 miles north of DC.)Put the chains on my van to go hunting Sat. morning. Had to clean the snow out of the radiater.some of the drifts I should not have tried, but got through. Son Kris shot a nice doe not 30 yards from where we parked.Head shout no meat hurt.It was running made a furrow in the snow about 15 feet long when it hit the ground.In dc. there was about 2-3 inches this morning.
Richard
RichardinMd.

Captain

I'm a little further South of SBURRO, we got approx. 28 inches.   ::)  Still, I sawed with the Peterson all day on Saturday( 8am-4pm)....still managed about 950BF  :) despite the snow induced slowdowns and breaks to warm up. The trailer is not unloaded yet, though.....

Captain

woodmills1

Started snowing fri night but we were in a lull most of sat morning so only got 14 inches.  That, however is way more than I needed for this early.  It is nice how the snow looks clean as it covers every thing like the gas cans, the peavys and the cut off ends waiting to thump you as you walk by.   :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

David_c

got about 30"+ here in southwest NH

Gus

We keep getting little storms of 6 inches. Must have 20" inches or so in piles all over the place.
The wind keeps blowing it over here<<<<<<<<<<< and I push it over there>>>>>>> ::).
Then the wind switches and blows it over there>>>>>>>> and I push it over here<<<<<<<<< :(.
Then it snows some more and it blows over this way<<<<<<<<<<<and I push it over that way >>>>><<<<<:(.
One day I went out and snow was piled up to the head on the tractor, up over the floor boards and all. :-/. It out smarted me that time. :-[ So I got to shovel before I plowed. >:(
Winter "sports" in its purest form.
Usually always happens like this. Maybe if I push it around long enough I'll wear it out and it will turn to water and just go away. ;)
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

David_c

seems like the snow is getting the better of you :D

chet

Nottin' here.   ;D   But I got a feelin' before winters over we'll get more than our share, we always do.   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!