iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to look for a used forwarding trailer

Started by QwikDraw, February 05, 2011, 07:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QwikDraw

I can find the new ones but I can't find any used forwarding trailer for my tractor.  I'm looking for the biggest one I can find.

Any ideas?

Thx

CX3

Theres lots of them on Craigslist in NH, VT, MA, all around your area. 
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

bill m

There are none currently listed on craigslist in Vt. Ma. or NH. Metavic has used ones from time to time. What size tractor do you have?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

QwikDraw

bill m

That will pull a good sized trailer. Not many of the big ones are found here in the US. I researched them for over 3 years before deciding on the one I bought. Where in Ct. are you?

brendonv

When I was looking for a road log trailer, forwarding trailers would pop up every once in a blue moon on craigs list.

I'm from CT too, (Seymour/Oxford), ended up traveling to Virginia for my trailer.  Not many up this way.

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

QwikDraw

Not all that far from you...on the MA border, a stones throw from granville.  In Hartland. I've looked at you pictures in the past and like your set up.

I got prices on the Farmi units from NE Implements...p

brendonv

www.VorioTree.com

QwikDraw

Thank you.

Anywhere else to get prices on new units?  Other brands?

bill m

With that size tractor you might not need the 4 wheel drive assist but you should get brakes. Do you have chains on your tractor? On the last job I was on it was so steep I needed chains on the front wheels also and used the 4 wheel drive on the trailer to keep from pushing me down the hill. Metavic in Canada and Bill Thoms in NH. sells the Nokka brand.

CX3

I dont know where you are looking at on CL but I just double checked and found nearly a dozen or so fairly close up there. 
You Better Believe It!

QwikDraw

I'm willing to drive some...

What search words are you using?

Holmes

Did you look in the forum for sale?   Captain has one listed in November also a couple of others.. Holmes
Think like a farmer.

bill m

Quote from: Holmes on February 05, 2011, 10:22:19 PM
Did you look in the forum for sale?   Captain has one listed in November also a couple of others.. Holmes
I think he is looking for an off road trailer.

CX3

You Better Believe It!

brendonv

www.VorioTree.com

Dave Shepard

I got a chance to check out bill m's rig today. I think we talked for almost 3 hours. I can see that brakes would be a good idea.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ed_K

Check out the forestry expo in bangor in may 2-3 I think. Northeastern logger.com put it on.Definally buy a big one,I have a Majco flex 380 w/9'loader from Bailey's and it's always to small.
Ed K

thecfarm

Ed it's May 13-14. Don't want you to go on the wrong day.

QwikDraw,take a day off,if you have too and go to this show.It's a great show to see logging equipment and sawmills.

http://nefpexpo.net/
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Thanks c farm, I saw it was wrong when i looked in the magazine last night.Yes it is worth going to just to look at all the toys 8) 8) 8).
Ed K

woodmills1

try  payeur.com   sherbrook canada

they sell the metavic new but usually have some used on their locations.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

br389

Try Hud-son in ny there down by Utica. I know it's a long drive but they sell both on and offroad trailers for either your pickup or for your tractor that run off your hydraulics.

rick f

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

snowstorm

sign up early its free. used to be 5 bucks seems like it went up 8 maybe. its at bass park in bangor. the northern logger mag. puts it on

Thank You Sponsors!