iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging in Febuary ???

Started by captain_crunch, February 05, 2011, 01:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

Here in Oregon we don't get to do this often we are on 3 load on DIRT but with 600.00 per thousand. We are going fer it. Crew on break

Kinda steep here as I am standing on the stump in both pics and see how far tree jumped. Our sawmill is on flat below

Pics don.t show it well but both trees were 30" plus on stump
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

g_man

Looks like you need 2 or 3 feet of snow to make it more interesting on that steep slope  ;D
Is that Doug Fir at $600 ?

thecfarm

That reminds of a place on my land.My Dad knew it would happen,but wanted to see what I would say.We have a horseback up in the woods,a REAL steep,small hill.I cut a pine,probably 30 inches through too,on that hill.Wow,that tree took right off down the hill.Seem to float down the hill.I could not believe how far it went before it hit the ground.My dad was all grins looking at me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

Cool pictures I surely enjoy everyones logging country  ;D
Bill

log cutter

Timbco 475E

captain_crunch

Story I got was Russia quit exporting to China so they came to US.
Wierd part is this price is for 32-40 ft logs down to 5" top and no larger than 23 on big end to clear barker. I don't send anything less than 6" for scale and grade.
But anything over 23 on big end and only 36 and 40' lengths wanted are only 550.00 per thousand for Doug Fir  Nobody wants wants White Fir or Hemlock
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Shetland Sheepdog

Hey Brian,
How the heck are you doing? Nice bunch of bare ground you got there! We've got about 2' of snow in the woods here. 3910 don't like it much, even with the ice chains on. I see Thirsty's got a little brother now. Must keep Shorty right out straight chopping for 2 machines! Outfit my son works for just bought a new JD 848H for him. Got a grapple that opens to 12' and a winch with 3/4" cable. He said he can bring out about 3 cord per hitch! I'm back to 100% after having a total knee replacement on the right side at the end of Nov. Spending most of my time either re-arranging flakes or processing heat!
Dave
Proud operators of Sunset Tree Farm. 130 acres of "hilly" forest, and part of the American Tree Farm System.

Don K

That is a nice fleet of equipment. I am green with dozer envy. :)

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Thank You Sponsors!