iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

School Roof

Started by Bill Gaiche, February 03, 2011, 08:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

PC, was the school that had the roof collapse the one your kids attend? Also, wasnt that quite a story on the news about the vehicle that went into the Spring River? bg

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CX3

Hes talking about a school in OK that the roof collapsed under the snow load
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Bill Gaiche

Yes at Quapaw, Ok. Vehicle over a bridge on Will Rogers turnpike near Miami, Ok.bg

paul case

yes it was the school where my boys go. i actually attended the same school in the same buildng.  it was only a partial colapse 3 clasrooms. one of which my sister in law teaches math in.
the vehicle over the bridge was on I44 between here and miami ok. they said that the lanes were cleaned off but the snow had been pushed up against the concrete guard rail on the bridge. the chevy avalanche loaded with 8 mushroom farm workers had got too close to the edge and it sucked them into the side fast enough to ramp their vehicle over the side. dropped some 80' into spring river. 2 were trapped in the water for some time,until rescue workers arrived. both of these died from hypothermia and 1 other fell in the water trying to get off the vehicle into the rescue boat also later died. the rest were still in the hospital at last report with multiple broken bones and complications from hypothermia. the avalanche landed on its wheels and wasnt totally submerged . if it had landed upside down or been totally under water i believe all would have perished. it happeed at 620 am. air temp was -11.
my prayers are with the survivors and families of all of them.
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bill Gaiche

PC, the accident was a sad one. Hope the school manages to contiue teaching those classes. There maybe a new school bond comming in the future to relace the school. Stay out of the ditch and keep warm, bg

clww

My goodness! Such awful news associated with that big storm. Be careful out there.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

paul case

the building that  collapsed was probably built in 1960, but it isnt the oldest building in the quapaw schools. i am certian they had insurance that will pay for the rebuilding. supt dennis earp was on tv saying we will have classes monday, weather permitting. as a side note. quapaw public schools elementary building was damaged in the may 2008 tornado which caused school to be let out 15 days or so before graduation. the state makes allowances for those days missed because of extra  circumstances.
i for one feel bad for those involved in the auto accident. i lost an aunt and uncle to a bad accident on icy roads when i was 6 and still remember how it felt.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!