iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Info on 394 Husky

Started by mustang, December 07, 2003, 10:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang

I looking to buy a larger used saw and have noticed on E Bay that the 394 can be bought for around $300.00. This seems to be a good price for a 94cc saw as compared to a stihl the same size.  I know very little about Husky.  My question is there soom reason you see several 394's for sale at this price? Is there soom specfice problem with this model saw ?

Kevin

Is that the starting bid?
You know it's going to climb if it is.

You can try this guy for a large, rebuilt saw.
He is pretty well known and trusted.

mrupley@jps.net

Oregon_Rob

I think the 394's go a for $300-400 most of the time. I think it is a bargen. A lot of folks use them for milling and I haven't heard of any major problems. My guess is one of the reasons that they don't command a higher price, is that it is out of production, replaced by the 395. I have been thinking about picking one up myself.
Chainsaw Nerd

LumberJack

Mustang,
Got my 394 XP from e-bay last year through the sawking. Paid $385.00 plus shipping.  Saw was in really good shape.  Most of the time with bars and chain they go in that $350-$425 range.  Make sure it's a reputable seller! Use mine mainly for ripping;  great saw but it's a workout!
Good Luck.
John

mustang

thanks for the info Rob, kevin and lumberjack.  That was the info i was looking for.  I have always used Stihls but can't see paying twice as much for a used sihl the same size.  The last few 394s that sold were 300-325 plus shipping.   That's what made me wonder if there was soom type problem other than being heavy.

Kevin

I haven't followed the selling prices but those prices are decent.

tony_marks

well its a heavy sucker,i know that.

Thank You Sponsors!