iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hope you're having a better morning

Started by sandhills, February 02, 2011, 10:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Well a little before 7 this morning my wife hollers come here, this is never good, because she doesn't do that, and I knew to hurry by the tone of her voice.  I was thinking it had to be one of the new pups (talked about in another thread) but it wasn't.  She had let my dog outside while getting ready for work and when she came back in she had a broken leg.  We don't know what happened, we live next to a busy highway and I've caught her chasing cars once, she got a little butt-woopin and never saw her do it again, maybe she got hit or was just rough housing with Zodie our pyraneese, they do it some but doesn't matter anyway she broke it.  Anyway a trip to the vet and he just felt around a bit, said it's even a little worse it also tore the tendon, my wife is a nurse who works a lot in surgery, does a lot of knees and such so he showed her most everything he was talking about and she could feel it all out also so now Banjo gets to have a splint and bed rest for 2-3 weeks.  Not really bedrest, but for a 8 month old pup it will probably feel like it.  Then we walk out of the vet clinic and the pickup won't start, dead battery and -4F, can't wait to see what else I can destroy today ::)
Here's a picture of my Banjo

She's my little australian shepard/collie.  Had to leave her at the vet clinic for the day, Jeff I now know exactly how you felt leaving Icey there.

Norm

Well that sucks!

Isn't it amazing when it rains it pours. Better spend the rest of the day indoors just in case.

doctorb

Pet injury / illness tugs hard at you.  With the way your day is going, I might suggest lying in a sterile bubble with no visitors for the remainder of the day.  Clean slate tomorrow.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

sandhills

Nice thoughts but don't think the cows would agree ;)  Better go get their water going and see how many of them froze to death last night :D

Warbird

Ouch.  :(  Hope your day gets better.

ErikC

My little female Aussie got her femur broke as a youngster, getting kicked by a Mule. They put a rod in it and everything, then 8weeks later removed it. She has shown no signs of it since, it was 5 years ago. Vets can do some amazing things, I bet she'll be just fine. It is hard to see them hurt though. :'(
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Kevin

I had my dog into the vet yesterday for surgery, not sure how it happened but I think he might have bumped his ear on the trailer hitch and ended up with a hematoma in the ear flap.
He's on the mend but he doesn't like having his ear bandaged.

You aren't alone.

Corley5

Our cocker Smokey hit Dee's car last night  ::)  Dee had pulled in, shut it off and opened her door just as Smokey and Skipper our Jack Russel/Beagle were ripping by.  Smokey slammed the corner of the door with his right side.  She told me what had happened when I got in and he didn't appear any worse for wear.  Later I was sitting on the couch and he climbed up next to me and started to shiver.  Closer inspection revealed a gash on his side a couple inches long and quite deep.  We called the vet and he told us to give him some Bendryl to calm him, keep the wound moist and bring him in the AM.  We did and Smokey is home now with seven staples in his hide and drain tubes that need flushing twice a day for the next 5 days.  There's always something ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

I hope you get to pick her up soon and she heals quick. It aint right to be without your dog.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

I am pulling for the little pooch.  Jeff is right, I ain't the same without Miss Scarlet.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandhills

Well I got my dog back, with a little extra hardware :-\

Hate to see her this way but it sure is nice to have her home.

low_48

Holy smokes, that some extra hardware! Is she chewing at all that? Two and a half years ago, my pup blew her acl jumping off the stoop to chase a rabbit. We got an inflatable collar because she hated the plastic cone so much. It took her almost all summer to get better, but she needed a second surgery when her body rejected the internal stitches. She's got stainless in her now. Man, good luck! She's a beauty.

Burlkraft

Poor gal..... :'(  :'(  :'(

Ya might have to spoil her fer a while  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

thecfarm

That's too bad.   :(  I only had to leave my dog at a vet once.Got home and the phone was ringing,went right back to get him.I would hate to be without a dog too. Good luck keeping her down for a while.Hope it all turns out well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

Hope she gets better.   Took our Lucky--Australian shepherd/yellow lab from the pound when she was 3 months, 13 years ago, came without much of a tail--to the vet yesterday to have a lump in her side checked out, and her hearing too.  Everyone agreed at Christmas that she can't hear anymore.   Turned out the lump is a "benign fatty deposit", keep an eye on it but no problem otherwise.   The hearing is "cognitive deficit", there's nothing wrong with her ears, except for they flop over and something or other is always living in there.  Not that sure how "cognitive deficit" is different from "willful disobedience".   
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Corley5

That's quite an apparatus  :o  How long does she have to wear that thing  ???  Looks like she's on the mend now.  Our Smokey is feeling a bit better but is very sore and traumatized from the whole ordeal.  He get's his staples out in a week.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Meadows Miller

Gday

Sorry to hear about your Dog I hope she heals up soon Mate  ;)  ;D My dogs a bloody idiot at times hes good around our own gear he loves it at the yard and in our own gear and is very safe as he wathces everything thats going on and stays out of the way  ;D but anything new comes in the yard or drives past the gate he goes balistic and either attacks it or chases the thing for about a 1/10th of a mile in either direction and yes hes been collected afew times without serious  injury so far  :o :) :)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

isawlogs

I have two here with me, got them a little over two years ago, would be hard to see um laid up like that  :-\
  Like Steve said, spoil her some, won't be too long she will find a way to be up and getting around!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

clww

Hope today is a better day for you and the pup! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Norm

Poor thing, I can't imagine having to go through that.  :)

Magicman

Looks like she is in good hands with the Vet fixing and You nursing.  Maybe she wont chase anything in the future that she can't eat.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Well for lack of a better term Banjo just looks whipped.  She seems to be getting along ok though and doesn't chew at it at all(so far), haven't given her anything for pain yet today and have yet to here her wimper or whine, I know it's gotta be very painful.  The vet said give at needed so I guess I'm just waiting for the "needed" sign.  Thanks for all the response and hope the rest our injured are healing up well also, Banjos suppose to keep that thing on for 3 weeks, I hope she does ;). Terriffictimbers, my wife calls mine selective hearing. :)
PS  she was pretty well spoiled rotten to begin with ;D

paul case

i bet banjo will soon be making a new noise as she trotts through the house.  we are pulling for you and banjo.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

H60 Hawk Pilot

Your Banjo

Well, that sure was something with  Banjo  getting hit by a car, he's very lucky with only a broken leg.

My Molly (border collie) was hit by a car twice. I never thought that would happen with her. She was so smart, she could talk in dog'ee language and never had a collar on her. The 1st time, she was hit the day before Christmas and about a one year old. The folks that hit her stopped and came to my work shop and explained what happened. She just darted across the road and was rolled her underneath  their Chev. Blazier. She was bleeding out the nose, had two broken ribs and bruised up. The 2nd time was about two years later, was hit in the back end.  She loaded up with water in her body and had to be bleed out to drain all that fluid. She had tail (spine) damage and never moved again. I watched her close now but she never went toward the highway again.. I guess she had it figured out now.  

Having a dog and living around a highway is tough to do over an extended period of time. It takes about 60 seeconds of time and ther're hit.  I have never left my dogs run loose and still had this happen. They were out outside for nature relief and decided to bust off to the highway for a rare runaway deal and got hit.  

I'm very pleased to see that Banjo is doing well and big smile for him  ;D.  I'd be watching him closely now, he may venture out there (highway) again. My Molly was hit twice... so smart dogs ain't too smart at all (little jok'ee  :D.  I guess the other smart dog's know enough to stay off the highway. I had over $ 2k in Vet bills with Molly and worth every penny. Molly is gone now but I would give anything (money wise) to have her with me again. Molly was my best friend over anyone I've known in life. I often said, " Molly ain't No dog at all, she may look like a dog, Molly is my Human Companion and Best Friend. "

Sorry about Cooper and they are small little bugger's. I have not seen little (newborn)  pups for 45 years or so.  When you have a birth type problem .. like Cooper had.. it's nature's way to relieve them of torment and pain (I reckon). Farmer folks see nature in play everyday and it ain't always fair, it's just that way.  I was rooting hard for Cooper. I was thinking that he might be real fast on those 3 legs a year and always root for the runt's and under-dog types.  

Take Care of them Two Pups and Banjo.

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

sandhills

Just a little update, earlier tonight I had mentioned to my wife that I didn't like the way Banjo, my broken legged dog, was carrying her hip and thought something was wrong.  Well just as we were getting ready for bed she let the dogs out one last time and then came those terrible hollers for me to come quick again, I really didn't want to.  Turns out all that happened was Banjo's "apparatus" had fallen off, explaining why she wasn't moving her hip the way she normally did, to say the least I was relieved.  She was due to have it removed in 2 days anyway and I honestly think her hip and leg have shrunk enough it just simply fell off.  She never chewed at the tape on that thing at all in 3 weeks (other than the duct tape we put around the bottom to keep moisture out, which she had gone in about 2.3 seconds, give or take a few tenths :D), so now we go back to the vet early tomorrow, and hopefully she'll be a free dog again  :).  She does seem to be able to straighten the leg out, won't put much pressure on it yet, which is just fine with me, but has no problem laying on it or stretching it out to lick around it.

Thank You Sponsors!