iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Australian Shepherds

Started by ErikC, January 31, 2011, 01:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikC

Just putting up a few pictures of a litter of puppies we have. They are just over 4 weeks old, and full speed ahead already. Every day at about 5:00 am, our ducks walk down from the pond and now these guys herd them back out of the yard. They already know to keep them bunched up, and will take a nip of featheres to get their way if need be. Then when that is over there is at least an hour long king of the castle(doghouse), no holds barred ear pulling, lip biting, brawl, followed by a nap and then breakfast. :D They haven't even had their eyes open for two weeks yet. ::) Pretty cute, but It is always a sigh of relief when they go to their homes.  :)

Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Jeff

If Icey was not to anti Dog, I'd be having one of those. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishpharmer

Would you trade one for a dozen lab mix puppies? ;) :D :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ErikC

Quote from: fishpharmer on January 31, 2011, 01:08:42 PM
Would you trade one for a dozen lab mix puppies? ;) :D :D
Let me think....NO ;D
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Norm

CX3

Nice pups.  I always wanted me one of those "hanging tree cattle dogs"  They are mixed bred, purebreeds if that makes sense.  But mostly aussie.  Fine dogs.  And fine pups there.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

sandhills

Those are great pictures, my wife and I had been looking for a minnie aussie, but a good freinds australian shepard was having pups and they were free so now I got my "Banjo".
She really has no desire to work with the cattle at all, which really surprised me (because I know both parents well) but she is very smart and is a wonderful family type dog so it doesn't bother me any, have fun with the pups!

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ErikC

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 31, 2011, 03:16:31 PM
Do the minnies shed?
They do shed. I have never seen the minis to be the same dog as full size. They look pretty alike, but with more small dog features that remind me of a pomeranian in their facial shape and ears. I suspect that is how many of them came to be.

Sandhills, all of our Aussies don't end up with a strong herding drive either, we breed a working type with a family type to get kind of an in-between. In most litters there are 1 or 2 that are real naturals, and the rest would do it but are not obsessed. 

D._Frederick

There is only one problem with having an Australian Shepherd, they only live about 15 years and it is plain hell seeing them get old and slowly dieing. Our loving, faithful , aussie is in the final swirl of her life and we will never forget her!

b dukes

Beautiful pups.   You cant have a better dog that an aussie in my opinion.  I had one for five years and it was stolen. He was so smart and gentle. While we were out of town my father-in-law was keeping him, he let him outside and  was walking around the yard and heard a car door slam. They lived at the end of a dirt road.  He saw the tracks in the road along with footprints. After posters all over town and a reward offered in the paper , we never heard anything. My two girls cried every night for over two weeks.

ErikC

I have outlived several, and had a couple get killed in accidents. It's tough alright. Dogs and horses both. :'(

b dukes, what happened to you is 10 times worse. People can be rotten, and for some there's only one cure.

Patty

Your puppies are adorable!

I have never owned an Aussie, but after seeing Icey, I think they would be an awesome pet.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Raider Bill

You really never hear anything bad about Aussies or Border Collies.
Sure are cute.

Handy Andy

I got a Aussie, heeler cross a year ago.  She is so ornery, wants attention all the time, wants to rassle.  Puts one leg on each side of mine, like she wants to go at it, so I grab her and roll her around, and she loves it.  Lately, she's learned how to catch rabbits, and so far I haven't found any fur, so I guess she eats the whole thing.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

clww

O MY! Aren't they a bunch of cuties! All puppies are, though!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

ErikC

Here's a few more. They grow fast, and eat plenty :D

standoff

wrestling

never to young to be a sawmill dog. They all love playing in the slab pile.

flibob

Raider Bill you havn't met my daughter's mini.  She is known around here as "but biter".  Wonderful dog but sneeks around behind strangers and......
The ranch is so big and I'm such a little cowboy

ErikC

They just keep getting bigger. Those cats like to get them stirred up, and then watch as they come boiling out to get 'em. Once in a while they reach down and give a swat to make it more interesting.

This is the biggest, and about as handsome as they get. His eyes are greenish in the sun.

He likes firewood

Ron Scott

~Ron

Onthesauk

I want em all!  And the cats too!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

D._Frederick

Our aussie took her final swirl yesterday, made it to 15 years.

What a loss to our family to loose a best friend!

I don't know if I can get another aussie and go through this again, if I would outlive her.

Raider Bill

Quote from: D._Frederick on February 17, 2011, 02:26:14 PM
Our aussie took her final swirl yesterday, made it to 15 years.

What a loss to our family to loose a best friend!

I don't know if I can get another aussie and go through this again, if I would outlive her.
Doesn't really matter what kind of dog it is once they become a part of you it's a done deal. 

sandhills

Very sorry to hear that, my last dog was a red healer who also made it 15 years, I know the feeling.  Raider Bill is right, doesn't matter what breed, it's just hard to lose them.

Jeff

That's tough Don. It's sad to lose them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!