iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Storm Comin'

Started by Burlkraft, January 31, 2011, 07:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Well...We got anudder storm headin' in ...2 storms actually.

We could get anywhere from 10 to 24" in the next 3 days.

Yeeehhaaaa windy too!! I love it when we have blizzard conditions  8) 8) 8) >:( >:( >:(

Ok...I'm tired of it now. You just get one cleaned up and then it gets to -10° for a few days

And then it warms up and snows some more.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

There's gotta be some place I can go where it's not like this!

Beenthere should get good use out of his wing the next couple of days  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Norm

Yeah I got up and read that forecast and promptly went back to bed.  :D

Every year I think about going south for the winter to avoid this weather. Wadda you think Steve, bet Tom would bunk us up for a couple of months.  ;D

Burlkraft

Good idea Norm  ;D

I'm sure DanG has  some room too...Eh Dan?

Mooseherder is a little farther south in West Palm  ;D

tyb525

Yeah, over here, the amount of snowfall predicted seems to decrease with each day closer to the expected arrival of the storm...
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

thecfarm

tyb525,I hope "over here" will be the same.  ;D  There is something coming in on Wed. Looks like we might got some snow this time.  :( Most we got was 8 inches in one storm,most was below 6.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

We're expected to get hit with it too.  They say 12-18" on Tuesday and Wednesday with high winds and lows as low as -11.  Mary done went to Wal-Mart yesterday and stocked up with "stuff".  I got another box of firewood cut but the yard was too soft yesterday to bring it to the porch with the Terex. (We're rednecks you know.) We probably have a cord on the porch now but it's better to have too much than not enough. 

Mary blasted off for West Plains already this morning trying to beat the freezing rain and ice coming in.  I'll get the bucket on the Terex with the glass cab and heater so I can be ready to do battle again.

Girls are off to school.  I'll bet they'll be home after they eat lunch.  They've already missed 4-5 days to snow.

Local weather report on the radio this morning said we could get "historic amounts of snow".  :'(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Corley5

1-3" forecast for us  8) 8) 8) 8)  I love it when the storms track to our south  ;D  Stay safe guys
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Don't get to cocky Corley, she might shift  ;)   It started out that we were not supposed to get much, now we are in the 8 to 12 inch band.  I hope this is one of those times when the weathermen are making much adieu about nothing.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Its suppose to hit us here also , starting on tuesday and going in to wenesday and getting over a foot. At this point it could jump right over me and get to  thecfarm   ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Reddog

Quote from: Jeff on January 31, 2011, 08:38:54 AM
  I hope this is one of those times when the weathermen are making much adieu about nothing.

I do too. We are in the 13"-20" band in a 48 hour time frame.

Time to cut a load of firewood today and get the tractor ready for a day of plowing.  >:(

Burlkraft you are suppose to keep this junk on your side of the lake.  :D

Burlkraft

Raider Bill

Oh no not another big snow storm!!!! sail_smiley sail_smiley candle_smiley yikes_smiley

I guess I better get ready to hunker down at the tiki bar for a hard blow... oh and warn the tourists about the danger of too much sun 8)

Weather guesser says it's going to get in the low 70's. but maybe it will rain Wednesday or Thursday  to break up the monotony.

We all have our crosses to bear.

smiley_nananana
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Bibbyman

Freezing rain just came out of nowhere and is falling now.  I talked to Mary and she's about to cross I44 at Rolla, MO. about half way point to West Plains. She ran through some light rain and junk. 

She said near home she spotted a convoy of 15 electric utility trucks heading north.   I would think they'd just get snow north of us.  I'd thing the bigger problem would be down in southern Missouri and Arkansas with ice.  Maybe they're getting out while the getting out's good.
Sawing since '94

trapper

Burlcraft  Youjust south west of me and the guys to the north have been taking most of the snow for me this year.  Thanks  
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

pigman

The predicted snow line is supposed to be 10 miles north of us and the predictors are never wrong. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

pineywoods

Hey, it could be worse. Snow is a pain, but it eventually goes away and most everythings back to normal. Me and TR could send you some of them big black clouds that go round and round real fast and demolish everything in their path. Looks like we might be getting a few.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sandhills

Well then I must be one of the lucky ones, we are in a blizzard warning till wed. morning and when we finally get rid of all this in the spring the big black roundy round clouds show up  ::)

Bibbyman

Yep,  I was right. The girls got on the school bus at 7:00.  At 9:00 they anounced that they would be letting out school at 12:15.   :-\
Sawing since '94

Mooseherder

Come on down for a ride.  The doors wide open.
You ain't doin' nothing anyways.  ;D

Bibbyman

What not to watch on a day like today..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmNG2elXw

Somebody demo a sawmill to this guy!
Sawing since '94

Tom

That's got to be one of the best chainsaw-mill videos I've ever watched.  As a matter of fact, it had a lot of educational enuendos, like the good choice of tools, the gate that got closed and, especially, the truck leaving.  :P :)

I liked the piano piece too.  :)

Magicman

I really enjoyed that video.  Thanks Bibby.

Too wet to move the sawmill to the next job today.  Storm tomorrow, and then too wet to move it Wednesday. I'm trying to at least stay caught up.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

The guy has a whole series of videos showing him building a timberframe house.  I've watched a few today as I've fed the fire.  Pretty well produced for a one-man show and tell.
Sawing since '94

okmulch

Well, apparently Oklahoma is not far enough south either. We are expected to get 8 to 12 here in Stillwater. There will be no mulching for a few days, so we will switch gears put the buckets on the skid steers and commence to becoming Eastern Red Cedar Snow Removal company.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

clww

C'mon down here! We'll go to the beach, then we can go over to the base and I'll show you the airplanes we work on. We're only supposed to see rain here, maybe 65 degrees and thunderstorms by Wednesday. On the bright side, I don't think the groundhog will see his shadow tomorrow up in PA. :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!