iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spagettios

Started by jim king, January 30, 2011, 04:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

This is an ongoing serious crises.  They dont have spegettios in Peru.  Does anyone have a recepi ¿?

I have tried flavoring macaroni and cheese and a variety of ideas but none are the same.

Norm

Although I have no idea why you'd want to eat them Jim here's a home made version I found.  ;)

http://ovenlove.blogspot.com/2009/04/homemade-spaghetti-os.html

She says to cook the pasta for 20 minutes though. I think more like 6-7 minutes would do it for the pasta to be done.

jim king

Norm:

That looks like the best I have seen.  Thankyou.   We don´t have tomato sauce but I´m sure I can make it out of tomatoe paste.  We don´t have chedder either , Wisconsin this is not but maybe buffaloe cheese will work.  For the spegetti I can beat up another type of pasta  into small peices.  It looks doable.

Life is not easy without pickled herring in cream sauce, pickled pigs feet, head cheese and real cheese plus spagettios with meatballs and other necessities of life. 

I wait for friends to come down to bring me care packages with spices to make the real necessities.  I have a friend coming from Grantsburg, WI next week with pickling spices for Dill pickles.

The people here have no idea what good Wisconsin/German food is.  Exception Spegettios.

Tell you in a couple of days how it turned out.

sandhills

Quote from: jim king on January 30, 2011, 06:07:46 PM
Norm:

That looks like the best I have seen.  Thankyou.   We don´t have tomato sauce but I´m sure I can make it out of tomatoe paste.  We don´t have chedder either , Wisconsin this is not but maybe buffaloe cheese will work.  For the spegetti I can beat up another type of pasta  into small peices.  It looks doable.

Life is not easy without pickled herring in cream sauce, pickled pigs feet, head cheese and real cheese plus spagettios with meatballs and other necessities of life. 

I wait for friends to come down to bring me care packages with spices to make the real necessities.  I have a friend coming from Grantsburg, WI next week with pickling spices for Dill pickles.

The people here have no idea what good Wisconsin/German food is.  Exception Spegettios.

Tell you in a couple of days how it turned out.
You mentioned everything but the grits, what about the grits????

Burlkraft

I don't know Jim.........

It sounds like you really have to rough it to live there.

Ya got all that great wood. No tomatoes? No REAL Cheese? You obviously need to import some specialized folks.

You need a farmer, butcher, a cheese maker, real cows, a gardener and seeds. You should be able to grow just about any spice you would need there can't you?

I would imagine there are invasive species laws too?

When do you want me to leave?

I'll bring my lathe  :D  :D  :D

Can Jill come too?
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Is there no way to ship you Spagettios?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jim king

QuoteYou need a farmer, butcher, a cheese maker, real cows, a gardener and seeds.

I am a farmer, I do cut my own meat or more closly related to shoe soles and my radishes came up today in my new raised bed garden and cucumbers are sprouting.  Waiting for tomato seeds form my sister inlaw.  This is kind of like living when I grew up on a farm in Wisconsin.

QuoteIs there no way to ship you Spagettios?
Customs is a real problem for any food item and makes it about impossible.   

This is prime beef Amazonas style

Burlkraft

They just need 4 months in a feed lot   ;D ;D ;D

I make my own pasta and I got a spaghetti cutter for Christmas but I can't make little round ones  :D :D

Why not just 1 pain free day?

jim king

Norm:

Today I found some Velveta type cheese and a few days ago found some little pasta rings like spagettios.  Today I followed your recipie and if I didnt know they were not from a can I wouldnt have beleived it.

I even made the little meat balls.

WONDERFUL

SwampDonkey

Quote from: jim king on January 30, 2011, 06:07:46 PM

Life is not easy without pickled herring.

I mistakenly bought some salt herring Thursday and I thought I was going to have boiled potatoes and steamed herring on top in the pot.

Nope!  :-X   steve_smiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Thank You Sponsors!