iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good day today

Started by rockman, January 29, 2011, 08:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockman

I have been working on building my logging arch the last couple days, I had the frame all welded up. This morning I called my son to see if he wanted to ride to the salvage yard with me to find some wheel spindles for it. We went and found some off a mini van, complete axle with wheels and tires for $125.00. When we got back home he helped me strip the axle of all the brackets and such, then we cut the axle just behind the spring seats on each side and welded them on each side of the arch.
It was great to have the help and I really enjoyed spending the time with him doing something we both enjoy.
  I will get some photo's tomorrow of the arch, I know how we all like photo's.

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Magicman

Quote from: rockman on January 29, 2011, 08:46:11 PM
It was great to have the help and I really enjoyed spending the time with him doing something we both enjoy. Kevin
To me, that was the best part of reading your post.  OK, I'm a bit jealous about the arch build, but my most valuable and enjoyable time is that spent with my Son.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

good day for me too.
my 16yo son and i worked together most of this beautiful day. it got to about 60 degrees . we changed back tires on his pickup, cut and loaded 2 truckloads of firewood, and cleaned up around the mill some.
dakota, my 9 yo son, went with me this evening to ''daves'' to pick up a forklift. he was plenty excited to get to see dads new forklift , but when we got home he said he wished he would have stayed home so he could have enjoyed playing outside more. it was a real gorgeous day and i got to spend it with them.  that makes even a so so day , a good day.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

rockman

My wife watches our twin 5 year old grandsons on Thursdays and Fridays, Friday as I was welding the arch frame together Grandson Lewis wanted a welding helmet so he could watch Pop. I got him my spare helmet and put it on him and he watched me weld for awhile. At the dinner table that night I asked Lewis if he wanted to learn to weld when he got a little bigger, he shook his head no and said I already know how to weld, when asked how he already knew he said "I watched you today".
That boy has all the answers. I guess thats what they mean when they say "stop and smell the roses". I wish I would have learned that a long time ago.
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Thank You Sponsors!