EZ

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ronwood

Looks like the start of on another Home-Miser!!

8) 8) 8)
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

EZ

On the other picture (tongue is on) the frame kinda shows the other rail for my four post carriage.
EZ

music_boy

Here's my new trailer for my Hudson 18. Old boat trailer, with the tracks the mill comes with. Wood to be replaced with metal. Not as heavy duty but functional. Got the jacks, ramps, winch, and such pretty much figured out. I'll post a separate thread to show more details. Not a good pic for some reason
Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

D._Frederick

EZ,
How are you preventing warp from welding? I have had bad luck welding unless I make a jig to hold pieces so that they can not move.

EZ

D.F.
I clamp what ever I'm going to weld and I dont take the clamp off until it has completely cooled. On the main frame I clamp every joint, then spot welded every corner, then stitch weld everything once, and go back and stitch weld even closer. After every place is stitch welded good I weld a fast bead every where that is needed. I use a wire welder for this, then I weld everything again with the stick welder cause they have a stronger hold. It takes awhile to do all of this, but it's well worth it.

woodhaven

EZ
 Sounds like you have been watching me. Or you have been to the same school of hard knocks that I have had. If accuracy is important in something I am welding I can easily spend 2 hours clamping for a 2 minute weld.

But things end up where you plan, not a 1/4" somewhere else.
Richard

EZ

This shows the other rail on and all the log bunks are on.
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

Startin to shape up. The bunks adjustable???
   First, it is ridiculed;

EZ

No need for adjustable bunks on a four post mill, as long as the bunks are even with the rails and the rails are straight it's good to go. ;D One of the nice things about a good stirty frame.
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

Hope yer right. We gotta adjust ours from turnin and droppin them heavy cants on the bed.
   First, it is ridiculed;

EZ

When I was talking to a WM guy down at the PB Show he said the same thing as you did. But I figure if I make the bunks heavy enough and put them 2 ft on center they should be ok.I never had any problem with the old mill bunks moving, it was the frame that didnt hold up. I kinda under estimated how heavy hardwood can be, this time I ain't. After I got the main frame done, I drove my truck up on the middle of it, my wife thought I lost my mind, maybe I did for a minute, but the frame did'nt move. ;D
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

Well then, ya just might have it strong enough, to get the job done. Can ya adjust the sawhead for fine tuning??? What controls the up-down, chains & sprockets on Acme thread???

Just gettin info, not pickin on yer rig ::) ;D ;) ;)

I wanna see it done and spinnin a Monkey ;) ;D ;D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

woodchip

Nice job.Looks like you hve it figured out. :P

SawInIt CA

Looks awesome! I really want to fine tune my welding abilities.

Norm

EZ

Hopefully I will have it sawing after the holidays. I get a few days off from work so I'm going to work my butt off on it. Besides, black powered season comes in after the Holidays, just gotta get that big boy.
F.D., My saw head adjusts every which way, I design it like this cause the up and down is chain and sprockets. It is lifted up with a gear reduction device, works pretty sweet and ez. But things do stretch and were out, but aint had any problems with any of that stuff, yet.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!