iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

steam powered sawmill

Started by addicted, January 28, 2011, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

addicted

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

Search hull oaks on the forum
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bill Gaiche

Very intresting how that old machinery is still producing great lumber. bg

laffs

I'm glad i don't work there. 80ft stuff would kill me. i wouldn't want to be an offbearer. I've seen those blades come off the wheel, its not pretty.
i like the old machinery some of the stuff they did back years ago.
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Woodchuck53

Thanks for sharing Addicted. We have a site south of Alexandria, now a museum that closed it's doors in 1965. It is a walk back in time to go and see it. From the rail skidders to the pattern and blacksmith shop used to keep it all running. They are slowly restoring this great part of history. Thanks.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

addicted

Alexandria!  That's quite a hike from the great lakes. Does anyone know of anything similar in the great lakes region?
Rusty

CampD

Thats quite the operation
Great to see this stuff still in operation.
Doug,..... Nicoll Carpentry LLC

nsmike

Quote from: addicted on January 29, 2011, 08:50:34 AM
Alexandria!  That's quite a hike from the great lakes. Does anyone know of anything similar in the great lakes region?
Rusty

Here's a story about one that runs four times a year in MN. http://mankatofreepress.com/bigstory/x2014324152/Historic-sawmill-is-losing-steam If you plan on visiting do it soon while they can still run it.
Here's a video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-qrMInlKic 
there also links to other videos.

Thank You Sponsors!