iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whacked

Started by Magicman, January 27, 2011, 10:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I was sawing an ERC log with 6" limb stubs.  The band sawed the 3" diameter stub off and it fell in front of the Debarker.  Yup, knocked the wang out of me.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Are you abusing yourself just to entertain us? ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

Magicman

Jeff, sometimes I do feel like I'm using myself up, and I never showed what I did to my forehead last week.   :-\

After that lick today, I had to stop the mill and get off.  Bled like a stuck hog.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Mebby you need to start wearing a hardhat and screen?  I started to on my mill.

Woodwalker

Quote from: Jeff on January 27, 2011, 11:02:05 PM
Mebby you need to start wearing a hardhat and screen?  I started to on my mill.
At least up the insurance. Didn't you have another "knot" here a while back?
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

beenthere

Better there than an eye.

Be careful out there.  ...as we all should be.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I had forgotten that I had a picture of that ugly log.  The one sticking up on the far right is what got me.    :'(

I knew that I should have trimmed that log up.   :-\

nas

Sometimes the logs fight back.  I always wear a hardhat with screen when I operate the mill.  I've had pieces put dents in the screen, but not in my face.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Reddog

Quote from: Magicman on January 28, 2011, 08:06:28 AM
I knew that I should have trimmed that log up.   :-\

I am not going to beat on you cause you are doing a good enough job yourself ;) but I agree, knock those nubs off. :)

Start wearing a forestry helmet, I enjoy reading your posts and don't want to have to read one of you getting hurt bad or worse yet. >:(

Warbird

DanG!  You are really trying to get out of that cup of coffee I owe you, aren't ya?!  Glad you're okay.  Definitely time for one of those hats with the face shield. 

Radar67

MM, am I gonna have to come over there????  :o If I come, it may be a trip with the white coats. You got to be more careful. That's three times you have knocked the fire out of yourself, that you have admitted to.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

isawlogs

Theres a full armor on here floating around ya might want to invest in  ;D

Man that must of hurt ....  :o
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Really guys, I should have known that things were going to go bad when Jeff permanently 'Yooperized" that log back on Yooper night.   :-\

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,48089.msg692090.html#msg692090

Also look at Reply #4.   :)

clww

You keep getting hit in the face and you'll have to wear that beard year-round to cover up all the scars!("Limb Kick Back"-13 NOV 2010). Bring back memories ??? :-\ Get a shield, helmet, ear plugs and gloves on, PLEASE! ::) ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Kevin

Dead center, an inch either way and it would have still got you.  :D

Dan_Shade

i wear a hardhat with a wire mesh face shield on it (got it from the Stihl dealer).

I hope your wife "dig's scars", MM :-)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

doctorb

Magic-

I must have been mistaken regarding the name of your mill.  I, stupidly, thought it was named after an imperfection in wood.  I understand now that you are referring to your own noggin and the imperfections that come from the hazards of mill work. ;D ;D  Put on the DanG protective gear and stop entertaining us with these near misses.  Glad you are OK but you must remember the boy who cried "wolf"!

Jeff- a llife insurance policy, with the FF as beneficiary, might be a worthwhile investment if somebody doesn't start wearing the headgear. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Mooseherder

I couldn't find Faron's but here is another PPE.

Burlkraft

Quote from: isawlogs on January 28, 2011, 12:58:08 PM

Theres a full armor on here floating around ya might want to invest in  ;D

Man that must of hurt ....  :o

We ain't seen him for a while  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sgschwend

A fiction:
Woodmizer has a new service now. They have custom signs for their mill owners. So I thought perhaps this might be useful for your mill

Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Magicman

Steve, I recognize that very knot.   :-\  

doctorb,  It did look like I had changed it from Knothole to Knothead.  I mistakenly thought that the Woodchucks had taken care of that Knot....not.

Magicman

I ordered a Husqvarna Pro Forest System.   smiley_thumbsup

Jeff

Dan_Shade

husqvarna?!?!?!?!?!?!?!    steve_smiley

:D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!