iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eclassic beeping - water level sensor gone bad

Started by stumper, January 27, 2011, 06:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper

Came home tonight and heard a strange beeping as the dog greeted me.  I went over to boiler to check on it and to investigae the beeping.  It was the boiler that was beeping!  The temp read ooo, no fan no smoke.  Called the dealer and he identified it as a bad water level sensor.  He talked me through by passing the sensor.  Great service.

He did please me in another way.  He described having a problem with his boiler getting up to temp.  He tracked it down to the flapper loosing connection with the selonoid not letting air in.  He said it took him better then an hour to track it down.  Nice to hear even the pro's have issues to track down.

I have to say that I like my boiler but I could not recomend it to anyone who was mechanically challenged.  In short if you can not plumb a sink and wire a switched outlet you should not buy a Eclassic 2300.  Hopefully, the 2400's are chellenging to own and opperate.

JJ

are you getting a new sensor from CB under warranty?
I had problem with the temp reading 230F, and stove out (happened several times); and this I track down to loose connection on the water level sensor (go figure).  Replace the spade connection and problem went away.

JJ

stumper

It is not covered under warranty.  The dealer thought it would run 30 to 40 bucks.  He thought it might be a conection so he had me cut and strip a couple of wires and pig tail them together.  That did not work so we by passed the sensor.

I will have to run without it till the end of the season as you need to drain the water below the sensor to change it.  I have added checking the water level every day to my routine, instead of just checking it when I cleaned the reaction chamber on the weekend.  No biggy.

I have a bigger worry now just today my water level seemed to drop 1/2 inch, and the boiler was not up to temp (179 boiler set at 190), and there is a wet looking streak of creosote running down the back of the boiler starting at the by-pass hole.  I hope that the water will expand as it reaches full temp.

jason1977

had to change mine and the dealer just gave me a new one he said it was under warr

Thank You Sponsors!