iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack cartridge style center bearings

Started by 240b, January 26, 2011, 05:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

240b

The upper center section pin is loose on my skidder. when I turn the nut the pin also spins.. I removed the cover but don't see any way to hold the pin on the other end. Any one ever work on these?  I had these on a 380 for years and they never bothered, so this is a new on for me.  thanks

a old timberjack

what do you mean by cartridge style? is there a "t" on the pin that sits in the groove underneith the top or bottem of the skidder, thats how they are on the 200 series skidders.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

a old timberjack

240b

This is a tapered pin not the like the old straight pin with a nut on it. this is on a '96 240.  300 and 400 series used the same.

a old timberjack

Bobus2003

Maybe have to put a Tack weld on it to hold the pin so you can remove the nut. Had to do that on my 440

bushmechanic

240b does the underside of the pin have a slot in it?I ask this because on the Timberjack and John Deere harvesters there is a slot in the pin and a piece of flat bar with holes on each end bolts up to the bottom of the machine and locks the pin so it can't turn.I have seen the flat bar bolts fall out and then lose the lock,maybe this is your problem.

Bobus2003

Quote from: bushmechanic on January 27, 2011, 07:53:46 PM
240b does the underside of the pin have a slot in it?I ask this because on the Timberjack and John Deere harvesters there is a slot in the pin and a piece of flat bar with holes on each end bolts up to the bottom of the machine and locks the pin so it can't turn.I have seen the flat bar bolts fall out and then lose the lock,maybe this is your problem.

delt with a Clark i think that had one of those.. it was missing which caused me to use the tack weld i dea.. Much easier if you have all the parts and pieces :D

Thank You Sponsors!