iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Morning's project ... Smoke da sausage !!!

Started by isawlogs, January 26, 2011, 10:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Today is nice and cool out here, little snow is coming down thought it would be a good day to fire up the smoker my daughter brought me  smiley_idea

I'll get more pics as I get going on this.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Woe, I had to look at that a couple times to understand the scale of what I was seeing.  First thought was why is he posting the picture of a capped septic tank vent in the food section? :-X
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

:)  I have a few more pics here in the camera for ya Jeff, I was in the house and the smoker was warming up outside the shop when I got the idea of the picture takin'  ;)

Made 20 pounds of sausage and these are the smokers first candidates

With the help of Charlie and Balou , got the smoker/cooker/dryer loaded two racks full, have the larger sausage on the lower tray

They will be there and watch and sniff all day if ya let them  :)

This is really a test, I dont know the outcome as it is the first time at doing this with this smoker. I used cherry shavings for the smoke , had it damp and it did have a nice aroma to it as it smuthered away. I will leave a few of them in there till they dry out just to see what they taste like dried.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Looks like the hounds are gathering, at least they ain't chased off by the coyotes yet. ;D This the sausage recipe they don't let through customs? :D ;)

Boy, if them goats knew what you had in store. ;) ;D

Good luck with the smoking. Of all the hunting my grandfather did over the years for deer and salmon fishing I don't know why I never grew up on smoked meat. I don't think it's a thing they do here much. I know some people do, as I have a friend that has done it. But being around a few old timers over the years, I've never heard of them ever smoking meats. I know the shops smoke pork and herring is smoked on the coastal communities. I like smoked herring, like it fresh to boiled on top of taters.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ErikC

Right when you took that picture the dogs were probably saying "why don't you just go on back in where it's warm, we'll take care of this for you"
Looks tasty already :)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Jeff

Nope, cause them dogs only speak French.  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

Well then this is what they said, "pourquoi ne pas simplement aller sur le dos dans où il fait chaud, nous nous occuperons de cela pour vous".  :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Burlkraft

Quote from: Radar67 on January 26, 2011, 04:05:17 PM
Well then this is what they said, "pourquoi ne pas simplement aller sur le dos dans où il fait chaud, nous nous occuperons de cela pour vous".  :D

Yup  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

ErikC

It wouldn't be the first time a dog acted like I wasn't speaking his language. ::)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

Alls I am gonna saye is .. man dere good eatin'  food6

No Joan , they are saucisse au porc.  :)

Marcel

Burlkraft

They are DanG good lookin'  digin1 digin1

isawlogs

Steve ....  they are  ;D :D

Da smoker did not have the top rack , had to improvise, wunder how long it will take to find out there is a shelf missing in da fridge  smiley_headscratch smiley_smug01 ???

Marcel

Mooseherder

That's some fine looking' sausage and guardians of da sausage. :)

Burlkraft

Quote from: isawlogs on January 26, 2011, 07:31:08 PM
Steve ....  they are  ;D :D

Da smoker did not have the top rack , had to improvise, wunder how long it will take to find out there is a shelf missing in da fridge  smiley_headscratch smiley_smug01 ???

If ya get in trouble, let me know I just took one out of ours  :D :D

SwampDonkey

Good stuff Marcel.  :D All I gotta do is look at the dogs, they know what good stuff is. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

That is some fine looking sausage.  Did the dogs get anything  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ErikC

Thank You Sponsors!