iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What do you see fuel prices doing to the industry?

Started by bkellyvtme, January 18, 2011, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NB sawdust

Quote from: Ken on January 22, 2011, 08:06:08 AM
One thing that high fuel prices will bring is the fuel thieves.  Yesterday morning was quite cold but both skidders would not start after trying for a few minutes.  Then we noticed a cover off the tank.  Both machines were drained overnight.  We try to keep the machines full this time of year to make it easier to start so they probably got close to 200 litres (55 gallons)   >:(.  First time we have had this happen in a very long time. 

High fuel prices will ultimately lead to everything going up in price due to the fact that everything moves by truck.  The only upside to me is that wood stoves are flying off the shelves at the local hardward stores.  Firewood will continue to be a hot commodity next year.

Sorry to hear that ken.Terrible that people have to steal from the honest man working to make a living. I started my dozer one day this fall and was walking back to the truck when she quit,  smiley_huh2 smiley_huh2 Same thing I had filled it up the night before , they broke into the camp next door and stole jugs and tools. They cut the rubber fuel line on the bottom of the tank , only a 125- 150 litres but still........

bkellyvtme

Check this site out on the 2011 economic forcast and scroll down to energy. That is a scary bed time story. :o

http://www.kiplinger.com/businessresource/economic_outlook/

Bobus2003

Quote from: Ken on January 22, 2011, 08:06:08 AM
One thing that high fuel prices will bring is the fuel thieves.  Yesterday morning was quite cold but both skidders would not start after trying for a few minutes.  Then we noticed a cover off the tank.  Both machines were drained overnight.  We try to keep the machines full this time of year to make it easier to start so they probably got close to 200 litres (55 gallons)   >:(.  First time we have had this happen in a very long time. 

High fuel prices will ultimately lead to everything going up in price due to the fact that everything moves by truck.  The only upside to me is that wood stoves are flying off the shelves at the local hardward stores.  Firewood will continue to be a hot commodity next year.

Cheers
Ken

Had this happen a Few months ago to the Excavation company I was working for, Drained a Komatsu PC200, a Link Belt 225 Spin Ace, and a Dresser Road Grader of fuel.. That *pithed a few people off

Thank You Sponsors!