Autocars Logs

Started by Autocar, January 22, 2011, 08:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Bill

fishpharmer

There you go.  Nice picture.  
Nice logs.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

PAFaller

Those are some decent sized sticks to be loading with an F90. Can't say I have seen one of those in a little while. Is that your truck and timber? Nice logs regardless of who they belong too!
It ain't easy...

customdave

Darn nice logs, I start drooling looking @ them I hope this is just a side affect of having a sawmill ;D

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

CX3

Next stop stave mill.  Nice ones.  They look good and clean too. 
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Norm

Way to go with the picture posting Autocar, well worth the effort!

As a white oak junkie those are some beauties.  :)

northwoods1

Those sure are beautiful...

It has been a while since I cut any like that. Last time was down on a river bottom which was next to a pine job I was cutting for cabin logs , got some beautiful 50'+ cabin logs from that job.

What is the next stop for those logs?

A friend of mine from down in VA. was involved with restoring 18th century buildings. They were willing to pay BIG bucks for white oak shakes to be used for roofing and siding. Enough that if a guy was creative you could have made them and transported them from about anywhere and still come out with a tidy profit I thought. There just is no White Oak like that left down there apparently.

Autocar

PAFaller yes its my truck and logs. I had a little over 9000 bd. ft. stacked here at home. That load went to Millers in Union City Indiana where there be quartered sawed. Then I got a call from another mill that was 80 miles closer to home so I trucked the rest there . They have a good order for eight quarter. My F90 so far has lifted everything Ive ever grabbed hold of.There was a butt log on that particular load that had 500 bd. ft. and on the drivers side of the truck I made those up rights removeable and had to pull one to get it loaded. But have loaded longer with more bd. ft. on my equipment trailer.And as far as size of logs we still have them but nothing like it was ten years ago. Fishpharmer helped me get this picture posted and I am afarid I'am still a ways away from doing it on my own. I just enjoy showing pictures of logging jobs,and hearing and seeing other operations  ;D. Have a great day Bill
Bill

tyb525

I could make a trip over to Frank's and see the lumber they made from those logs ;)

Didn't realize you were in this part of the country Bill.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Autocar

tyb525 from my place to the log yard is 50 miles. I am just north of St. Marys Ohio I'am not a big producer just a little guy having a good time  :D.
Bill

nhlogga

Sweeet 'ol truck and beautiful logs.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

dewwood

Nice looking whack o logs.  Frank Miller's should be more than happy to take them off your hands.  They draw from a pretty large area.  I am right in the northeast corner of Indiana and they get a lot of large white and burr oak from up here.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Autocar

dewwood with me the buyer rejects anything under 16 inches, I wonder how many more years we will beable to find big logs. If they ever move there operation down to Salem Indiana we will be up the creek up here. With the price of fuel, filling up at home dosen't bother me but to fill up on the road I get about sick when I see $33.50 and I bought ten gallions after ten gallions I can't look till the pump shuts off  ;D
Bill

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

a old timberjack

nice truck, and oak for sure!!!